Sign in to follow this  
AmyInMI

Question about cake in Mexico

I was just looking for some insight on the cakes in Mexico. Our WC at the resort sent us a questionnaire about what we want for our wedding. For the portion about the cake, we have the option of 2 types of cakes, cheesecake and a three milk cake, which she said is the typical cake in served at weddings in Mexico. Is everyone having this type of cake and has anyone tried it? I am not a fan of cheesecake and can't imagine having it as our wedding cake.

Thanks a bunch!!

I only had 3 choices, the same two as you and I think just a chocolate cake. But our cake is also included in our package, so maybe there are more choices if you are paying for it seperately

The Tres leches cake is very good but keep in mind that it has to be refrigerated up to serving. Basically it is a white sponge cake soaked with three tipes of milk- regular, carnation,and a condensed sweetened milk. Usually the frosting is real whipped cream. Ive seen it decorated with ton's of fresh flowers.

In my opinion the Tres Leches is tres yummy! It's super moist, and generally speaking you can have it frosted in the color of your choice (not sure about Dreams). We loved our cake!

we had a tres leche cake for my wedding... we loved it... and quite a few of our guests were asking for seconds... unfortunately nothing leftover by the end of the nite... i highly recommend it...

julie

Thanks everyone!! I had never heard of it so I was curious!! We are paying for a cake because the one in our package is only for 10. Our guest list os almost at 30 now!!!

Thanks again!!

I haven't read all of the responses but that appears to be a very limited selection. I personally am not a fan of the Tres Leche (sp) cake, when I tried it the consistency was soggy. I would assume it's always like that!?

The Tres Leche cake can be found easily in the States so I would recommend trying it first. I do like cheesecake so taht would be my vote or forgo teh cake all together.

Good Luck!