La Senza, really?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

I didn't know where to put this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I just thought this was too funny/weird not to share. For those of you who may not know, La Senza is a lingerie store, kind of like VS.

Anyhoo, I was at the mall yesterday to drop off my rings to get sized when I decided to stop by La Senza to look at possible honeymoon clothing. So I'm looking around and I see these cute hot pink corsets etc, then I notice that beside them were these cat-o-nine whips (I think that's what they're called)! I just thought that was so random! I'd expect to see that at you know, the "Love Boutique" or something, but I certainly wasn't expecting to see that at La Senza where many younger ladies (in their teens and such) shop.

Am I crazy for finding that strange? lol

#2 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

Wow. Maybe I should be checking out La Senza for "honeymoon clothing" I always thought they were a bit tame. Hahaha - guess not so much anymore. Not sure if FI would care for the cat o' nine tail, but the hot pink corset he would probably dig.

#3 Mystic

• 254 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

Hahaha, I am with you.... I would be a little surprised if I saw that at Victoria's Secret! I'm from the US.

So, did you buy one?

#4 Michelle

• Banned
        • 302 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

wow lol ya thats kinda crazy for LaSenza.... ummm kinda creeped out by that lol... but ya they are totally changing from when they used to have cute pajamas now they are getting VS stuff and just a totally differnet store....oh well lol

#5 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:38 PM

VS bought out La Senza I think.. so now they are getting alot of racier stuff. I saw those whips last year at the La Senza in Metrotown but not ALL the stores carry everything.. I think they had masks and stuff too

#6 trini bride

trini bride
            • 84 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:08 PM

La Vie en Rose also carrys whips. I guess there is a demographic for that sort of stuff.

#7 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hey ladies!

That's interesting! I guess I'm in my own little sheltered world sometimes...well not that I'm sheltered really, I've been to racier places before but was surprised to see that stuff at La Senza, which like Michelle said, used to be relatively tame.

smf47 - no, I didn't buy it, the corset that is, but I totally wanted to! lol I was in a hurry so I didn't bother trying anything on, just peeking around and getting some ideas hehe.

The whip...eh not so much, my FI isn't as adventurous as that...yet! haha

#8 ~Kate~

• 329 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

haha, I haven't seen that either, and I shop at LS all the time (mainly online though). Plus, I LOVE the spirit collection - we recently got a full spirit store too, which is great, but I still find the deals online unbeatable.

#9 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
                  • 2,015 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

Times have changed... as many of us get older we wonder when did that happen! haha
                    I guess it just along with the facts that kids are understanding sex at a much younger age than we want them to. Schools now have "family planning" aids in the washrooms.
                    Makes me feel sad that innocence is being lost much younger than I would prefer.
                    Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
                    Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
                    Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
                    Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#10 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

Yeah they have them over here - cracks me up lol whips next to comfy jamas lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users