Sign in to follow this  
Katiebelle

Did I screw up the parent gifts?!

Okay, I was totally unsure of how parent gifts went...and since my FI's father is his BM...I got him the same gift as the other guys in the wedding party.

So, going with my I want everyone to use their gift and not throw it in a box...I got our moms kind of the same gifts as my girls.

I got the moms spa wrap (with monogram), tote bag (with monogram), and cosmetic cases with monogram in the wedding colors.

I got the dads travel bags to put their stuff in...like deodorent, cologne, etc...and I was going to fill it with stuff that each different one likes...

However, everyone seems to get their parent a frame or hankie...something memorable...

I am getting them photobooks for Mother's and Father's day after we get back...

Did I screw this up? I guess I can use the gifts for birthdays and get them something more traditional and meaningful.....

What do you girls think?

I don't really know about what "most girls" do, but I think your gifts sound wonderful. I know my mom would be so excited to get the gifts you're giving. I would stick with what you've got!

I think your gifts sound great! I put together a photobook from My Publisher for my mom and dad after the wedding and they were so excited about it! All that matters is your thought! My mom and dad weren't worried about the gifts we gave them on our wedding day...they were just happy for us. I am sure that your parents will be the same way. The joy and happiness of the day is all that they care about. That is the biggest gift that you can give them!

I hope your plans are going well! I was so excited to see your picture! Yeah! You and FH look so cute and happy!

No, I don't think you screwed up the gifts!!! My mom was my MOH and my DH's dad was his BM as well. I can't remember what Aaron got his dad (oops), but I paid for my mom's hair and make-up, we did a spa thing. And then I made a photo album for the parents.

Honestly, I don't think my parents nor Aaron's would have cared if we did anything for them. I think they're just happy to be there, the gifts are just gravy!! wink.gif

Okay good! You guys have made me feel so much better! I really think my mom, dad, and my FI's dad will love them....his mom is another matter!

If I hear one more thing on etiquette I may scream!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!