Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides

• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#521 jaccat15

jaccat15
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

I don't think we are staying in one but I heard it's huge and it might be worth it for getting ready and pictures :)

#522 bellajovie

bellajovie
    • 93 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by jaccat15 

I don't think we are staying in one but I heard it's huge and it might be worth it for getting ready and pictures :)

Thanks for the reply...and that's a very good point about the pictures!

#523 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

deleted

#524 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
        • 276 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

I am so fed up with SMB.  If they are that busy they need to hire a 2nd WC because they cashed my deposit check over a month ago (have proof from my bank statement where they signed it) and sent the contract via e-mail and regular mail with the check, then they just tried to cancel us saying that we never paid!!!

#525 jaccat15

jaccat15
          • 196 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

That's weird - Did you call them to see what was going on? I'm sure it's a mix up.

When is your wedding?

Originally Posted by knitgirl13 

I am so fed up with SMB.  If they are that busy they need to hire a 2nd WC because they cashed my deposit check over a month ago (have proof from my bank statement where they signed it) and sent the contract via e-mail and regular mail with the check, then they just tried to cancel us saying that we never paid!!!

#526 jaccat15

jaccat15
            • 196 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Great idea!!!!

The Bridal suite in the Spa is pretty nice too so you might also want to look into that as well

Originally Posted by Boo 

We went mid point with our room, nothing as fancy as any of the suites, what I am hoping for though, is they did say that the groom can get a room for the morning to get ready somewhere else, that way I am hoping he can simply get ready in our room and I could get a fancy room for me and my girls, its a genius plan if it works, ha ha!

#527 bellajovie

bellajovie
              • 93 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

At knitgirl: I was actually in the process this week of signing contract and sending deposit. Hopefully that's not the norm!! I would definitely follow up...and it's so good you have bank proof!!!

I do have a question for everyone, I did the Q & A and noticed most details I marked off (outside the date and names) were not included on the contract. For example, I marked Gazebo for location but the contract has beach. I've read that the contract is pretty "open" so should I press the issue right now about making the changes or should I just follow up later? I'm assuming that Cecilia is really swamped right now and overlooked those details...

#528 jaccat15

jaccat15
                • 196 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

Hi Bella - yes, the contact is pretty open and is a working document basically. I'm getting married in 2.5 months and were are probably going to be revising it until we get down there a few days before :)

I am having the ceremony at the Gazebo and our reception location is still TBD on our contract b/c it really depends on how many people we end up with. Don't stress out - you  have to realize that this not at all like planning a stateside wedding and everything can be finalized within days.

let us know if you have any other questions, that's what we are here for!!!

#529 bellajovie

bellajovie
                  • 93 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

Thank you!  You're right, I have to keep in mind (and I'm learning) that destination planning is different.  If it were here, I would definitely want every detail correctly listed on the contract! lol

Well I'm excited...we're going to sign the contract!!! Jaccat15 you'll have to let me know how everything goes.  I'm in January 2012 so I have a while...but loving the journey!

#530 lovelylady

lovelylady
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

Hello Secrets Maroma Brides! Our wedding at Secrets is tentatively scheduled for August 6, 2011. We are filling out the questionnaire this weekend and hopefully will be confirmed and have our date locked down next week. Anyone else marrying summer 2011?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users