Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flygirl

Dreams Cancun review 11-9-08 LONG!!!

Recommended Posts

Sounds like a great time. Sorry to hear about your flowers but it's great that you didn't allow that from having a wonderful time. Welcome home and Congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Crap!!! It took me so long to read your review that I had to log in again because it booted me off :) That was a GREAT review. I am so happy you had a great time. All the details (except for flowers and such) seemed to work out perfectly. We set our wedding for 6pm...but it is in August. I am wondering if I should bump it earlier in the day (if Gaby will let us.) Did you have to book Mannia Cancun yourself, or did Gaby set that all up for you? Gaby sent me a contract which included a DJ for 4 hours, but she did not specify which DJ it would be. What kind of deposit did you have to give her? Just the $500.00? Of course, the email correspondence isnt working too well with me and Gaby :)

 

Again, great review and there are going to be so many questions we all have for you. I hope you dont get tired of answering things for us!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Holy Crap!!! It took me so long to read your review that I had to log in again because it booted me off :) That was a GREAT review. I am so happy you had a great time. All the details (except for flowers and such) seemed to work out perfectly. We set our wedding for 6pm...but it is in August. I am wondering if I should bump it earlier in the day (if Gaby will let us.) Did you have to book Mannia Cancun yourself, or did Gaby set that all up for you? Gaby sent me a contract which included a DJ for 4 hours, but she did not specify which DJ it would be. What kind of deposit did you have to give her? Just the $500.00? Of course, the email correspondence isnt working too well with me and Gaby :)

Again, great review and there are going to be so many questions we all have for you. I hope you dont get tired of answering things for us!! :)
I would definately check with Gaby (if you can get her to write you back) because some days we were there, there were 2 weddings back to back...so if you want to change your time, you'll have to confirm there's not another wedding that day

I booked Mannia myself...I also booked my own photographer and guitar player for the ceremony. I operated under the theory that it's my wedding and I'm going to use the vendors that I want. So I just booked all of those people and then told Gaby about it during our meeting instead of asking for permission (whoops). She didn't seem to mind.

We sent a deposit for $795 to Dreams to hold our date, and also $535 to Mannia.

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl View Post
I would definately check with Gaby (if you can get her to write you back) because some days we were there, there were 2 weddings back to back...so if you want to change your time, you'll have to confirm there's not another wedding that day

I booked Mannia myself...I also booked my own photographer and guitar player for the ceremony. I operated under the theory that it's my wedding and I'm going to use the vendors that I want. So I just booked all of those people and then told Gaby about it during our meeting instead of asking for permission (whoops). She didn't seem to mind.

We sent a deposit for $795 to Dreams to hold our date, and also $535 to Mannia.

Hope that helps!
Ahh, thank you. That helps a ton. I am going to write Mannia back. Last time I emailed hm asking him about prices, he told me to contact Gaby or Claudia for pricing. So, maybe if I wave money in front of his fact he will want to do something about it :) Hahaha Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT GREAT REVIEW.. I absolutly loved all your details.. God knows we want to know everything..lol You looked beautiful and so did your wedding. I am so happy everything worked out for you :)

 

Thanks for the golfing info i had no clue this was included in the package which is def. a great way to get the boys out of the hotel so you can run a muck with your girls..

 

All in all do you think you spent what you were expecting to spend for a DW or was it way over what you expected (sorry if this is too personal but I am so scared of having to wash dishes the day after my wedding..lol)

 

Congrats again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaR View Post
GREAT GREAT REVIEW.. I absolutly loved all your details.. God knows we want to know everything..lol You looked beautiful and so did your wedding. I am so happy everything worked out for you :)

Thanks for the golfing info i had no clue this was included in the package which is def. a great way to get the boys out of the hotel so you can run a muck with your girls..

All in all do you think you spent what you were expecting to spend for a DW or was it way over what you expected (sorry if this is too personal but I am so scared of having to wash dishes the day after my wedding..lol)

Congrats again!!
I knew all of the prices of the things I wanted before I got down there. So I realized what the cost would be. I do think it's absurd what they charge for certain things ($330 for gazebo decorations). But I had a budget to work with and was able to get most of the things I wanted within that budget. There were a few things I requested that they quoted me about 4 times as much as it would've cost in the states. So I opted out of those things. I don't think having a destination wedding is a huge savings if you're going to do the whole thing with the cocktail hour, and the reception, and the flowers, etc. I think my parents and I figured it out and for 40 people, we could've done the exact same wedding (minus the beautiful beach, of course) at home for about 75% of the price. But, it wouldn't have been the same experience. So, I'm glad we did it the way we did it and I think it was worth (just about) every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellywinter1 View Post
Flygirl great review! You looked great on your wedding day! Where did you get your dress?!
My mom is a flight attendant and found it on one of her layovers at a wedding boutique in New York. It's Monique Lhullier Gardenia and I'm so sad because I was only allowed to get it knowing that I'd have to sell it after the wedding because of the cost sad.gif But it was worth it for that one day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl View Post
I don't think having a destination wedding is a huge savings if you're going to do the whole thing with the cocktail hour, and the reception, and the flowers, etc. I think my parents and I figured it out and for 40 people, we could've done the exact same wedding (minus the beautiful beach, of course) at home for about 75% of the price. But, it wouldn't have been the same experience. So, I'm glad we did it the way we did it and I think it was worth (just about) every penny.
i agree that a wedding for 40 people could be done cheaper at home (tho definitely NOT the same experience), but for us, the fact is that if we got married here at home we'd be *expected* to have a wedding for about 200 people, not 40. it's like people only understand the concept of a small, intimate wedding when it's a destination!

glad you had the wedding of your dreams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×