I Need a GOOD Body Scrub!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I started getting these little bumps on my triceps. Well, they have only gotten worse since Noah's arrival.

I need a super good body scrub!

Suggestions?

#2 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

I dont have a good suggestion. But welcome back to the forum!! How is little baby Noah? He is adorable.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 rach220

rach220
      • 532 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

This happened to a friend of mine and her doctor suggested "Purpose" brand soap...I remember her finding it at CVS, but not sure if it ended up working or not...not sure if it's the same thing, but it's worth a shot...?
        Good luck!

Married July 16, 2009
        Aventura Cove Palace Resort
        Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#4 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by STACEY
          I dont have a good suggestion. But welcome back to the forum!! How is little baby Noah? He is adorable.

Thank you! He is doing great! I am still adjusting to his sleeping habits, so I don't get much sleep these days, but all is well! I kinda lurk BDW as of now, kinda hard to post while holding baby in my arms! :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rach220
          This happened to a friend of mine and her doctor suggested "Purpose" brand soap...I remember her finding it at CVS, but not sure if it ended up working or not...not sure if it's the same thing, but it's worth a shot...?
          Good luck!
          Ah, I will try it! Thanks!

#5 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:54 AM

i use the boots scrub from target. it's organic and smells delicious. i wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin because the little scrubbers are pretty hard. here's a whole thread about those little bumps and how annoying they are! http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31431

luckily, my bumps are mild enough that scrubbing alone does the trick. if srubbing doesn't work for you there are tons of medicated suggestions in that thread (although i don't know if your breastfeeding and that would limit you?) good luck martha and glad to know you are lurking around!

#6 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

i really like the gingerbread man by philosophy plus it smells sooooo good. try that one, it smells delicious!
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#7 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
              • 451 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

My favorite scrubs are from Origins (just go in and they can help you pick one) and Bliss. I'm a little obsessed with Origins...they are a great products and a great company and environmentally conscious too!

And congratulations! He's adorable :)

#8 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                • VIP Member
                • 3,405 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

Martha I love this line of organic products: Desert Essence; It's a facial scrub, but I use it on my arms/back/chest/legs, and it works great.

DESERT ESSENCE, Face Scrub GENTLE STIM. 4fl.oz. - 718334220949

#9 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
                  • 92 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

I use St Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub.... scrub the backs of my arms in the shower & try to leave it on as long as I can while I shave or something :)

Its cheap & works perfectly! I think the 2nd key is to moistureze 2 times a day.... before bed & in the morning...

It has really made mine go away, but I have to do it every day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users