Photo

Went ring shopping for the 1st time today!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

So, Martin and I finally went ring shopping today! Very exciting. We went to Zales and found a ring we both really like. Here is a pic of it if I can get it to work:

Click the image to open in full size.

The website says they also have it in Princess Cut, which I may have to check out but so far I think this is the one. It's on sale - normally it's $2,500 but right now it's only $1,300. Since we're still in school this works out perfectly for us! And they have a lifetime upgrade, just in case we ever decide to go with a better clarity or bigger size. I really like it though, and I think it fits me nicely - pretty and elegant. :)

Oh yeah, we're going to go with a small, simple white gold band to show it off.

*Swoon* It's all finally coming together!!! :)

(Now he just has to ask me, lol!) ;P

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 BayBug

BayBug
    • 852 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

That is exciting. I never went ring shopping. He just popped the question and had the exact ring that I wanted.
      Angie

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

At first I felt bad about wanting to pick out the ring. But since it's a lot of money and I will be wearing it for ever, we both want to know it will be something I will love. After hearing that some of the other girls on here have done the same thing I finally decided to go shopping with him!

At least there's still the surprise of timing...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

Woot, thats exciting isn't it?! I took Aaron "hint shopping"!! Lol, we were at the mall one day and I would say "Oh Aaron, I just loooooooove that ring!" - we both knew what I meant but it kept the surprise in it a little more!! It was fun though - and I think he was nervous about picking the wrong one, which was silly... afterall diamonds are a girls best friend, we aren't going to send them back!!

Anyways, congrats on this step - I can't wait to hear about the proposal!!

Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

The ring is beautiful, so hopefully that means the proposal will be coming soon!!! You must be getting so excited!

#6 SusanK

SusanK
            • VIP Member
            • 2,685 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

How exciting! I hope the wait's not too long! :)
              Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:17 AM

I'm so excited for you! Hopefully the proposal is coming soon. You must be dying with anticipation. I love the ring it is so pretty.

-Glenda

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thanks everyone! I am very excited

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

Congrats and very pretty ring!!

#10 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

Don't feel bad!! for me it was 100% better to go ring shopping 'cause I know my FI would have chosen a ring I didn't like..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users