Photo

Which Resort Should We Choose?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

We have decided to take our honeymoon a couple of months after our wedding but thought it would be nice to spend a couple of days alone after the wedding in Mexico at a Adult Only resort our TA has suggested the following resorts:
    Aventura Spa Palace
    El Dorado Royale
    Valentin Imperial Maya
    The Royal Play Del Carmen

If you have been to any of them which one would you suggest for our honeymoon?
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
    • Banned
    • 242 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'm not familiar with any of them. Have you checked their websites?

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

I just honeymooned at the Valentin Imperial and I would highly suggest that reosrt. It is brand new and AMAZING!!
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

We have looked at the websites and read reviews but we are still stuck!! lol!

#5 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

They have an amazing beach 9 resturaunts several pools etc... The pictures on their web site does not do the resort justise.
            Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Thanks Stacey I was just searching the web and it sounds like a great place.

#7 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
              • 294 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

I went to the Aventura Spa Palace a few years ago and loved it! It was so relaxing, the food was good and the spa treatments were amazing!

#8 JoLo908

JoLo908
                • 889 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

We booked one of the honeymoon casitas at EDR and we have heard nothing but great things... I hope you figure out which one!

#9 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

I read somewhere that the beach at EDR is not swimable is that true does anyone know?

#10 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

EDR beach is swimmable in some spots- the "whales" break the waves so it's not too rough!

All of those places are amazing and all of them are completely different in terms of atmosphere and ambiance, plus beach!

Adventura- has man made "lagoons" to swim up. Outside of the lagoon it's very rough. excellent food, in room jacuzzi & hammocks on the patios/balconies. Resort is park like in apperance-lots of lawn. rooms are quite nice but clean cut. Mostly white.

Royal Playa del Carmen-stunning beach and great swimming, very active area as people walk it all day. Great beach beds! Rooms are welcoming and ornate.jacuzzi in room and hammocks on the patio & balcony. grounds are park like in apperance.

Valentin- amazing beach- very private. Very lush, pathways have lots of foliage and flowers. facilities and rooms are modern but with natural woods. warm & inviting, Great food, has a natural grandeur to the public areas-very spacious and open.

HTH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users