Post here if you are getting married in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
1071 replies to this topic

#721 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
  • Site Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

Hey Everyone!! Gran Bahia 9-10-11, if anyone has any questions, ask away! We are having 35 guests and doing the free ceremony. Jamaica sent us these gorgeous tourist books(for free!!) so I am sending those and custom made luggage tags to everyone booked in August before we all leave. When we arrive everyone will get a welcome bag and personal thank you note. In our welcome bags: Aluminum Water Bottle Beach Towel Hangover/1st Aid Kit Chips/Candy Mini Rum Cake We aren't bringing any decor, we heard the resort does a great job already, so less for me to bring. For favors we are doing our favorite cookies from Alchemy by Carla Hall (hooty hoo chic from Top Chef) her cookies are amazing and come in the cutest mini tin. Perfect as a wedding favor. Other than that everything else is coming along. We are pretty much done other than buying the food items which we will buy right before we leave. Any questions, ask away. I've got a great list of vendors and websites for all this stuff!! Side Note- I've got extra multi-colored luggage tags if anyone needs some..
    09-10-11
    Runaway Bay, Jamaica
    I married my best friend!

#722 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

hey cupcake - can you post a pic of the luggage tags??? that's one of the things we're doing but I'm having a really tough time finding them. I'd be interested in seeing them and how many you have?? my stepson to be lives in PA so easy to send them if I like them. you can PM if you want to.

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

Hey Everyone!!

Gran Bahia 9-10-11, if anyone has any questions, ask away! We are having 35 guests and doing the free ceremony. Jamaica sent us these gorgeous tourist books(for free!!) so I am sending those and custom made luggage tags to everyone booked in August before we all leave. When we arrive everyone will get a welcome bag and personal thank you note.

In our welcome bags:
    Aluminum Water Bottle
    Beach Towel
    Hangover/1st Aid Kit
    Chips/Candy
    Mini Rum Cake

We aren't bringing any decor, we heard the resort does a great job already, so less for me to bring.

For favors we are doing our favorite cookies from Alchemy by Carla Hall (hooty hoo chic from Top Chef) her cookies are amazing and come in the cutest mini tin. Perfect as a wedding favor.

Other than that everything else is coming along. We are pretty much done other than buying the food items which we will buy right before we leave.

Any questions, ask away. I've got a great list of vendors and websites for all this stuff!!

Side Note- I've got extra multi-colored luggage tags if anyone needs some..

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#723 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by acw271011 

hey cupcake - can you post a pic of the luggage tags??? that's one of the things we're doing but I'm having a really tough time finding them. I'd be interested in seeing them and how many you have?? my stepson to be lives in PA so easy to send them if I like them. you can PM if you want to.

if you type templates at the very top in the search part..ull find a ton of stuff

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#724 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
      • Site Supporter
      • 252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

Here is the only picture I could find online.. I haven't figured out how to upload photos from my iPad yet, lol. I have 65 left and they are $1 each. You will get one of each color.
        09-10-11
        Runaway Bay, Jamaica

#725 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
        • Site Supporter
        • 252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

Duh, lol here is the link.. http://cgi.ebay.com/...IT#ht_500wt_922
          09-10-11
          Runaway Bay, Jamaica

#726 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
          • Site Supporter
          • 252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

Here is a link to similar tags. The only difference is around the edge of the tags I have blue, yellow, red, black and white. Also, there is no blue ribbon on the end of them.. http://www.bestdesti...-done-pic-heavy

Duh, lol here is the link.. http://cgi.ebay.com/...IT#ht_500wt_922

09-10-11
            Runaway Bay, Jamaica

#727 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
            • 195 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

What a good idea Cupcake1382!

#728 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
              • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Hey girls, I did save the date luggage tags for our wedding and was having a hard time finding luggage tags that weren't really expensive.

I ended up photo shopping an image and bringing it into Staples (office supply store). They were able to make the image the right size and laminated the image into luggage tags for me within an hour. I don't know how to upload photos but the looked very similar to the ones in the link above.

We just added ribbon and a few decorations to make them look cute and voila! Cheap customized tags... Good luck!

User Name: RyGuysBride

Wedding date: January 18, 2012

Resort: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay  

#729 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

I know another bride went to walmart and found the plastic holders with the cord for a cheap price too...for any of us who made our own here the spot to go

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#730 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                  • 210 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Thanks ACW for the steel drums wedding cd idea...didn't even think of that.  We have been debating on the violinist but have not decided.  I know Lisa said it was nice in her review but I wish they provided samples or video so that we could get an idea of how it sounds.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users