Jump to content
boscobel

Post here if you are getting married in Jamaica

Recommended Posts


How did you get the island to send you tourist books?  We have been trying to look but cant find any!

 

Getting married 9-10-11 at Couples Swept Away :)
 

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 View Post

Hey Everyone!!

Gran Bahia 9-10-11, if anyone has any questions, ask away! We are having 35 guests and doing the free ceremony. Jamaica sent us these gorgeous tourist books(for free!!) so I am sending those and custom made luggage tags to everyone booked in August before we all leave. When we arrive everyone will get a welcome bag and personal thank you note.

In our welcome bags:
Aluminum Water Bottle
Beach Towel
Hangover/1st Aid Kit
Chips/Candy
Mini Rum Cake

We aren't bringing any decor, we heard the resort does a great job already, so less for me to bring.

For favors we are doing our favorite cookies from Alchemy by Carla Hall (hooty hoo chic from Top Chef) her cookies are amazing and come in the cutest mini tin. Perfect as a wedding favor.

Other than that everything else is coming along. We are pretty much done other than buying the food items which we will buy right before we leave.

Any questions, ask away. I've got a great list of vendors and websites for all this stuff!!

Side Note- I've got extra multi-colored luggage tags if anyone needs some..
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. I'm very interested in getting married @ Gran Bahia but am having a difficult time getting in contact with Beverly, the coordinator.  Maybe you can help me with some of my questions:

 

Are you having this issue as well? 

 

Where are you having your reception??? Do they give you extra time after dinner for dancing and music or do you have to pay extra?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alright.....so if your looking for some books, i would call early as o just got off the phone with them and they are having to order them in dur to a shortage. i just ordered 30 for my self foor next april weddiing
 

Originally Posted by Nicky47846 View Post


How did you get the island to send you tourist books?  We have been trying to look but cant find any!

 

Getting married 9-10-11 at Couples Swept Away :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to get a florist sorted out... So far I've considered Tai Flora (the florist the hotel uses but they seem to get mixed reviews), Floral Fantasy and Jan's. Google doesn't seem to be bringing up many more...

 

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im going with tai flora....beachbriden used them and she was very happy with the outcome, as has a bounch of others... i wouldnt worrie to much hun
 

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride View Post

I'm trying to get a florist sorted out... So far I've considered Tai Flora (the florist the hotel uses but they seem to get mixed reviews), Floral Fantasy and Jan's. Google doesn't seem to be bringing up many more...

 

Does anyone have any recommendations?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


For simplicity sake, I think we will go with Tai Flora... I still don't have final numbers so I have no idea how many center peices will be needed etc. but I would like to get an idea of how much to budget for flowers. Since I'm totally clueless in this area, what are you ordering?... Are you getting flowers for parents, for the aisle/ ceremony, etc...
 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

im going with tai flora....beachbriden used them and she was very happy with the outcome, as has a bounch of others... i wouldnt worrie to much hun
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because were doing a private reception and upgrades on my flowers, i want to save some money so what i was thinking was to bring the flowers from the ceremony and making my own decorations for the tables, i dont think were having a big number so i dont think i need to order alot of extra flowers... however, i do have the flower book, if you want!

 

As far as the parents go, i know with my package they get flowers, as well as paper shades. and since im not having a maid of honor im having a man of honor..those flowers will go to someone else lol lol

 

And the aisle, im getting married at the garden gazebo so im going to keep it simple due to the fact that the reception is my major focus of decoration and bling lol

 

if you need any help or ideas ive got a ton lmao more than i can use
 

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride View Post


For simplicity sake, I think we will go with Tai Flora... I still don't have final numbers so I have no idea how many center peices will be needed etc. but I would like to get an idea of how much to budget for flowers. Since I'm totally clueless in this area, what are you ordering?... Are you getting flowers for parents, for the aisle/ ceremony, etc...
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think we will take the flowers from the ceremony and use them at the reception as well! Great idea!

 

When you say "flower book" do you mean a book of everything Tai Flora can do? I would LOVE to see it!
 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

Because were doing a private reception and upgrades on my flowers, i want to save some money so what i was thinking was to bring the flowers from the ceremony and making my own decorations for the tables, i dont think were having a big number so i dont think i need to order alot of extra flowers... however, i do have the flower book, if you want!

 

As far as the parents go, i know with my package they get flowers, as well as paper shades. and since im not having a maid of honor im having a man of honor..those flowers will go to someone else lol lol

 

And the aisle, im getting married at the garden gazebo so im going to keep it simple due to the fact that the reception is my major focus of decoration and bling lol

 

if you need any help or ideas ive got a ton lmao more than i can use
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i have the brochure book....send me your email and ill send it over. what are your wedding flowers??? what package does your resort offer as far as flowers with your package???
 

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride View Post


I think we will take the flowers from the ceremony and use them at the reception as well! Great idea!

 

When you say "flower book" do you mean a book of everything Tai Flora can do? I would LOVE to see it!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×