Photo

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#311 K'osh

K'osh
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

Sorry Jill it was Crystal...I went back thru all the posts. I was a little disappointed about the dinner, plus I wanted to book an excursion (catamaran, deep sea fishing or jeep safari). Not sure if I'll be able to that either since we're expecting 30-40 people.
    http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#312 sarafish81

sarafish81
    • 353 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

Just an FYI - the catamaran may be your best bet for a group that size. We really enjoyed it. We also did the jeep safari with my parents which was super fun. DH and his best man did the deep sea fishing but the water was sooo choppy that day - his best man was heaving over the side of the boat. They ended up coming back to the resort early that day. Too bad because DH was so excited to try it!

#313 K'osh

K'osh
      • 269 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info Sara...were you able to pre-book any of your excursions or did you just make sure you were at the reservation spot early. As it stands right now we arrive at 9pm so we won't be able to go until the day after we arrive. Do you remember roughly how much the excursions were...would like to give our guests a heads up on additional costs if they won't to go.

#314 sarafish81

sarafish81
        • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

I don't know if you can pre-book your excursions. We also arrived later in the evening and weren't able to book our excursions till the next morning. DH and I were meeting with Yaly during the orientation, so the guests that attended the orientation provided us with the info needed for the excursions.
          I believe certain activities run on certain days of the week and the catamaran/lobster lunch/swimming with the dolphins was 100CUC/person. The jeep safari was a bit less (60 CUC).

#315 carod69

carod69
          • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

My husband, and several other men from the group did the deep sea fishing and said it wasnt worth the $$ - we did the catarmaran and we all had a great time that day. I just returned from a week in Cabo and believe it or not a better time was had by all at Playa Pesquero.

#316 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
            • 199 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Thanks ladies :) I booked a welcome dinner with Yaly and we have 24 people going. This has just been done through e-mail...... so I am not too sure about the more than 20 people rule hmmm.
              http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#317 MeganMarie

MeganMarie
              • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

We leave in 6 days any last minute advice for a PP bride to be?? I am so excited and nervous..

#318 sarafish81

sarafish81
                • 353 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

My only suggestions would be to have your mom, MOH, someone attend your meeting with Yaly in addition to your DH, so that they are aware of your special details. I had my mom come and she helped me remember a few questions and finalize a few details that (let's face it) my DH wouldn't know about. Recruit a few guests to observe the decorating of your ceremony location and reception location who know what you envision. People will be more than happy to help make your day perfect! Last of all, enjoy!! It will go by in an instant so try to breathe it all in

#319 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

You just need to relax. Yaly is awesome and does a great job. So, don't stress about a thing, its going to be perfect.

#320 K'osh

K'osh
                    • 269 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MeganMarie
                      We leave in 6 days
                      Have a wonderful time...can't wait to hear about it and see the pics!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users