Photo

1st Fitting...Estimate...$625 - $775!!!! Yikes!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

Lol!! Thanks Jess! I was worried that I was going to go to "Forum Jail" or something there for a minute!

#42 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by redwards
      Lol!! Thanks Jess! I was worried that I was going to go to "Forum Jail" or something there for a minute!
      lol Rachelle, I'm kinda known to be a hijacker around here- if it was illegal I'd be banned by now!

#43 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
        I'm still working on our Pre-welcome letter (to get mailed 2 weeks before the wedding) and the actual welcome letter (to go in the OOT bags), my Spanish words and Phrases handout- printing on vellum and cute striped Mexican-y looking paper. I also have to do the menus for the welcome dinner if we can ever decide on a menu.
        Anyway, now I feel much more organized and able to make it through this last month. I labeled the suitcase with a list on the outside of everything that is in there so I don't feel tempted to give in to my OCD tendencies and count it 10 times a day. Now, time to clean my house. .....must.......pull........self........away...... ..from....the.....computer!
        wow i am impressed with your packing- i cant wait to pack up our crap and get it out of the office. i already made a tentative pre-welcome letter and a welcome/thank you letter for the OOT bags if you are interested- i am sure you probably have the same templates as me though!
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#44 jpkw

jpkw
        • VIP Member
        • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NHPT
          wow i am impressed with your packing- i cant wait to pack up our crap and get it out of the office. i already made a tentative pre-welcome letter and a welcome/thank you letter for the OOT bags if you are interested- i am sure you probably have the same templates as me though!
          I'm interested in the templates!!! Can you post them?
          Sorry, Jess -

#45 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

yes, I want to see the templates too! Thanks for asking, Jen.
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#46 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TAMMYM
            Sorry for hijack...

Hey Tammy, did you buy a bra to be sewn in your dress? If so where and what kind? How did they do it?
            i didn't...they just sewed it in...it was included in the price.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#47 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

I went this weekend to get my dress hemmed, bustled, and add little snaps to secure the bra this weekend. The lady is going to charge me $50.00!!! I was so happy. I have spent so much on that dress. The cleaning alone was $400. I think it is better to go to an independent seamstress. It will save you $$$.
              Angie

#48 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Angie, I decided to do my dress alterations at the salon where I got it, and good thing too, because the women who would have done the alterations messed up on Missy's MOH's dress, it's too short and too tight, she can't even zip it up. I would have been sooo stressed if that happened to my dress.

#49 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Angie~ That is so awesome!! I'm so jealous! I hope the new lady I go to tomorrow tells me it will cost me that much!
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#50 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

ha ha, we can wish Jess...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users