Help!!! I need a new travel agent ASAP..........

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hunnyhun921

• 139 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

I have a travel agent that I book most of my trips through. I told him that I was planning my wedding at The Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and needed quotes for the trip. This was almost two months ago. He said he would get back to me. He sent me information on the wedding package which I told him I already had. Two weeks later he still has not made contact with me. I sent him an email saying that I was just checking in to see if he was able to make any progress. He never responded. I then wait another week. No response. I sent him another email saying that if he is unable to get the quotes to please let us know. He then immediately replies that he is able to get a rate on the rooms but not the air and that he will email me in a couple of days with the air rates. Again, another week has passed and no response. I send another email saying that I'm checking in to see if he was able to get the air rates. No response from him. By this time FI and I decide to call it quits with this guy. I sent him a courtesy email saying that we have decided to go with another travel agent. He then replies immediately saying that he is still trying to get the air rates. Couldn't he have sent me a courtesy email just to let me know the progress he was making instead of ignoring my emails. I need a TA ASAP!!! Anyone know of an excellent TA??

#2 RedDiamond

• Banned
    • 242 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

Use Jennifer from BDW... :-)

#3 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, the TA's here are great.

#4 Leia78

• VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DLyteful
          Yeah, the TA's here are great.
          I'll second that!

#5 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

TA Jennifer specializes in Jamaica. Send her a PM!

#6 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
            • 582 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

I am using TA Jennifer. She has been FANTASTIC so far! Give her a call!

#7 cantwait2718

• 78 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

I am no help bc I am having the same problem. I hope u find someone good. Good luck.

I put a request in here how long does it usually take for someone to contact u?

#8 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

hunny, pm me your dates and where you would like to fly from and i will get some rates for you..actually, maybe pm ta maureen (post above) because she is pretty familiar with jamaica and got married there.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 SunshineG

• 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

How much can be expected to spend on a travel agent? I have already booked our wedding at Isla Mujeres Palace, but haven't reserved the rooms or flights. We have a small wedding of about 30 people. Would it be beneficial to hire a travel agent?

#10 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

i was going to say pm ta maureen, but i see tammy already said that.

i do think you made the right decision changing TAs, it be such a pain constantly emailing the TA you dont need that aggravation
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users