OOT bags for men

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

Ok, so today I was at a dollar store and saw some cut beach-style bags. I was going to clean out their supply of them and then I realized, we have some single male guests who will be rooming all by themselves. I can't really see them toting around a cute little beach bag.

Did you guys use the same type of bags for male/female? Or did you have a separate "man-bag" or something for the single guys? All the bags I've seen so far and more "girly" bags.

#2 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
    • 1,188 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

someone said they are going to use a soft sided cooler and I thought that was a great idea - it would totally work for the boys!
      Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
      http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Someone else used bookbags - more manly than a tote.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

for the 1 room of guys that are flying solo, i think i will just put the same goodies in a paper bag rather than a canvas tote. i have posted some backpack style bags, but i am not going to bother - not with these guys!

#5 cessyboston

cessyboston
          • VIP Member
          • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

men love backpacks... and the beer coolars i think anything simple will work....(when i think of what i ahve seen guys use at the beach its there backpacks)...:)
            Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:29 PM

I ended up not doing it - but this is along the lines of what I was thinking ...

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
              • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

I was wondering the same thing myself today! I was thinking about a solid color gift bag and adding a coozie filled with stuff. I have my FI thinking about what "guys want" and if he comes up with any good ideas, I'll pass them along!

Jen

#8 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:35 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
                  someone said they are going to use a soft sided cooler and I thought that was a great idea - it would totally work for the boys!
                  I like that idea! I'll have to look around and see what I can find (not too big, not too small, not too expensive)...

#9 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by akh
                    I ended up not doing it - but this is along the lines of what I was thinking ...

Click the image to open in full size.
                    I love this too! I saw some cheap backpacks at the dollar store and thought that could be an option too. It would definitely work for most of the single guys. We have one who will be our "Oddball"... one of Frank's best friends, whom we affectionately call "the Man-Whore".... his welcome bag will be filled with "Man-whore" gifts. *grin* (this is the guy who picked up a stripper and brought her to our engagement party dressed in her 'catholic girl' uniform when our entire family is ultra-conservative Catholics) hehehehe....

#10 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                    • 631 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

Nope...everything in my bag is for both men and women.....it is too problematic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users