Jump to content


Just informed: Flight AND hotel rooms sold out!

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BeautifulBridetoBe

  • Newbie
  • 147 posts

    Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

    OK, so I've decided not to worry...just pray :)

    However, I have just been informed by our travel agent that our flight and hotel are sold out....6 months, 3 weeks and 2 days BEFORE my wedding.

    The majority of my guests have not booked yet...and were just about to do so.

    So after she assures me that this is an anomaly, at the end of the day, there is no other plane on that day scheduled... yet. So they cannot book. But the airline may see that they have a high demand and provide another plane. It has to be with the same tour operator/ airline because they are the exclusive providers of our resort.

    So I am holding out for another plane.

    But this begs a different question: now that my hotel has no more hotel rooms available, my guests may(if they make it) have to stay at other properties. Would you cover their day pass costs? They may have no other choice but to stay elsewhere....so it is not their personal choice. If so, this cost is going to be substantial.

    FIL says they waited too long...and that is not our fault.

    What do you think?

    Interested in sharing a Photographer: May 9 - 16, 2009
    Punta Cana, Dominican RepublicPM me if interested....

    #2 DLyteful

    • Member
    • 879 posts

      Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

      Oh, my goodness!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. How stressful, I would have gone wild on my TA, the airline AND the resort if that happen to me.

      None of my guests (even my parents) booked more that 3 months in advance, my sister booked 2 weeks before the trip.....If it were me I would try to pay for my guests day passes, I think its a nice gesture, and maybe forgo OOT bags?

      #3 Jen_S

      • Sr. Member
      • 3,737 posts

        Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

        Oh No! What resort are you having your wedding at? We still have A LOT of guests who have not booked. How many more guests do you expect to book? Can your TA work with the hotel to see when other guests might be checking out so then your guests can check in maybe your guests just come down a day later or something. Good luck!!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

        #4 SandyW

        • Newbie
        • 26 posts

          Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

          that is the coolest pic!!

          #5 SandyW

          • Newbie
          • 26 posts

            Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

            that is the coolest pic!!

            #6 DLyteful

            • Member
            • 879 posts

              Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

              Originally Posted by SandyW
              that is the coolest pic!!
              Thanks Sandy! My cousin did my wedding pics. (Gotta love family)

              #7 Hartyt509

              • Sr. Member
              • 2,262 posts

                Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

                I wouldn't be paying for the day pass I agree with your FI - they should have done it sooner! Take a deep breath i'm sure it will be fine

                I'm the opposite i'm praying that they are full!! lol

                #8 BachataBride

                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

                  Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

                  Oh crappy!!! That sucks!! If all else fails could you move resorts?? I know you probably have your heart set on that particular location (since you picked it in the first place!). But if there are not other options & you're wanting those guests to attend you might look at switching...as you know there are a lot of great places out there!
                  Hope everything works out!!! Good Luck!

                  #9 michellepicksbrent

                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,448 posts

                    Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

                    Oh no! Sorry to hear that!

                    #10 YoursTruly

                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,097 posts

                      Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

                      So sorry to hear the news. If you have not sent out STD, invites, etc, as mentioned before can you switch to another hotel. You still have a sufficient amount of time so work with your TA and see what can be done. I wish you well.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users