Wedding Help Please

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hey everyone...

We were planning on getting married in May 09 but didnt realize that booking a wedding in Dominican REpublic should be done aaallllooott earlier! Should we just not bother and pick another date?? We have a couple of resorts in mind and began getting prices and everything but we have not yet booked we cant decide we like Dream Punta Cana, Occidental Grand Punta Cana, Iberostar Costa Dorada (Puerto Plata) and may Majestic Colonial..... Any resorts we should look at too or any feeedback on the ones I listed

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

I am not getting married in DR but it is really beautiful. When my FI and I were looking for a resort we listed what was important to us and our guests had a vision of the ceremony then we checked the reviews on here, tripadvisor and viewed wedding pictures on strayweddings.com I hope you find the perfect resort.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
      • 358 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Thanks..... There are so many nice places out there I dont want to make the wrong choice....

#4 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
        • 291 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

May is soon but I'm sure you can still find somewhere great and might get some great last minute deals.

#5 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
          • 358 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Thanks any suggestions? Any beautiful resorts you took pictures at recently??

#6 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
            • 668 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:12 PM

Hey there! WE are getting married at Dreams in April, and I bet that you would still be able to book something there for May.. It's worth a shot- all you have to do is fill out a request form and they will get back to you and let you know if your dates are available.

#7 athena

athena
              • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:59 AM

I was part of my brother/sister in law (to be)'s wedding in Punta Cana, November 2005. We stayed at the Royal Palladium. It was amazing, and the resort was breathtaking. (It's the adults only part of a 5 resorts in one!). They were married in a white gazebo and had lots of beautiful tropical garden & beach photos. They had their dinner at one of the restaurants. (They could have been married on the beach, and had a private reception if they had chosen.) They also had a beautiful horse drawn carriage to take us from the hotel to the gazebo; & then they had some amazing photos in it (it reminded me of Cinderella!). They went with the hotel photography package, and they go this amazing leather-bound photo album, I can't begin to explain!!! I'll try to dig a few photos up to send you!! Congrats & happy resort choosing!!!
                Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
                http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
                http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#8 Misti2k2

Misti2k2
                • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:30 AM

I photographed a wedding at Dreams a few months ago. If you would like to see photos, just PM me.

#9 ExpressionsByMisti

ExpressionsByMisti
                  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:33 AM

I photographed a wedding at Dreams a few months ago. If you would like to see photos, just PM me

#10 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
                    • 358 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

I think i narrowed it down............ Majestic Colonial or Dream Punta Cana........... I am trying to list pro and cons but we CANT decide....... I have seen great pictures from weddings at Dreams... have not found anyone with pictures at Majestic Colonial.........Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users