Holiday cards - where are you getting yours from this year?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Unbelievable but it is time to start thinking about holiday cards again!
    Since we just got married, i really want to do picture cards. We probably need about 100. I remember last year a bunch of you new brides did photo cards but can't remember which were the most popular vendors (vistaprint, snapfish, mpix) for the value?

Where are you getting yours from this year?

#2 cessyboston

• VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

good question..... donnie and i where thinking of this last night...i wanted really nice address labels too so if anyone has good ideas too please let me know...
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#3 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:16 AM

we won't have wedding pictures to do, but we did picture cards last year from Vista Print,they were just silly ones with us with Santa hats on, but we were talking about this on Monday. So I am open for ideas

#4 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

MPIX metallics... all the way!

They have some pre-designed templates or you can upload your own design. I want to say they're like $0.69 or something like that...

#5 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

yes, that is where you should get them from, Sarah's cards were beautiful!!

#6 beachbride08

• VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

I was hoping to do picture cards this year with our wedding photos. We are supposed to get our pics from the photographer about 4 weeks after the wedding so it might be cutting it close. Howeve, I have a lot of picture whores in my family that I am sure will be snapping away so we should have some pics to use if we don't get our pro pics in time. I wanted to do those accordion style cards so we can use a couple different pictures and personalize them for my side and Mike's side. I looked at the Kodak ones, but I know they were a little pricey. I will have to check out MPIX as that is a good price.

#7 boscobel

• VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

Hmmm, hadn't thought about this yet. Thanks, Alyssa! Now another thing for me to think about instead of WORK!

#8 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

i've been researching this topic too! LOL i was making an excel sheet comparing prices. i'll post when im done!

#9 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

I was thinking of doing 100 postcards from vistaprint. it would be about $10 shipped. Then you get to use 26 cent stamps (unless it went up).

So a total cost of ~$36 to send out 100 postcards.

I plan on making a collage of pictures for the front & writting a letter on the back. It would be a typed letter that prints on the back of all of them. I need to get on this.

#10 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,680 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

I'm with Sarah - MPIX is amazing. I didn't do the metallic prints last year but I have got some photos with the metallic effect and they will blow you away. The quality is definitley there and worth every penny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users