• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:08 AM

i'm flying american from belize to miami and it was pretty reasonable. but i also bought before the gas spike.

#22 xiaosie

xiaosie
    • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will definitely check out Houston and Miami.

I'll report back anything I learn!
      Wedding by del Sol Photography: http://www.delsolpho....michelle&phil/

TTD by del Sol Photograpy:
      http://www.delsolpho....helle&philttd/

#23 xiaosie

xiaosie
      • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

For the record, I have decided against Journey's End Resort (and we are not able to go this weekend). If anyone is considering Belize and Journey's End, just check out TripAdvisor first. I am finding that I trust visitors who have been (they post pics too!) far more than the resort websites themselves.

So, back to square one!...
        Wedding by del Sol Photography: http://www.delsolpho....michelle&phil/

TTD by del Sol Photograpy:
        http://www.delsolpho....helle&philttd/

#24 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

My DH just surprised me last night, telling me that he was planning a trip for our 1yr anniv. to Belize. Yah - he said I don't have to do anything. How fun that I will 5 1/2 months prego!

#25 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

we are staying at the blue tang inn. it's pretty cute and quaint and right in "downtown" san pedro. i'm very excited!

#26 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
            • Banned
            • 386 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by xiaosie
              For the record, I have decided against Journey's End Resort (and we are not able to go this weekend). If anyone is considering Belize and Journey's End, just check out TripAdvisor first. I am finding that I trust visitors who have been (they post pics too!) far more than the resort websites themselves.

So, back to square one!...

In my opinion, Victoria House is the absolute best place to have a wedding on Ambergris. It is a great location - it is on the south end, but not right in the middle of "town." Being on the south end (vs. being on the north end) means that you don't have to take a boat to get into town when you want to go.

Victoria House also has the prettiest beachfront in my opinion. I returned from my 2nd wedding at Victoria House if you want to see the slideshow on my blog. The people there are awesome to work with as well.

#27 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
              • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

Its not somewhere I've thought of to be honest,mainly because its an army posting for us and FI isn't keen to go on holiday to somewhere he could be posted for 3 years lol

#28 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
                • Banned
                • 386 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hartyt509
                  Its not somewhere I've thought of to be honest,mainly because its an army posting for us and FI isn't keen to go on holiday to somewhere he could be posted for 3 years lol

Are you serious lol
                  My husband is in the Air Force and I soooo wish there were a base in Belize. Where is there an Army post in Belize? My husband does a lot of work for the Army and I would LOVE for him to try to get stationed there for a while!

#29 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

Tom has been to Belize ... and actually after our DW he said Belize and the DR are his two favorite destinations.

He talks about the jungles and caves and all kinds of cool stuff from his Belize days. We are going to have to go!

#30 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

I'm a BM this October and the wedding is it at Caye Chapel in Belize. It's on a small private island. I think the only thing to do on the island is play golf so we will probably have to go to Ambergris to do excursions and stuff. I've never been to Belize so i'm really excited, but the plane ticket is killing me! I should have bought it a long time ago but I was paying for my own wedding so now it's looking like over $1000 for me and DH to get flights.

Has anyone bought tickets from Zuji.com?
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users