Photo

What to call a girl that's too old to be a flower girl?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

All 3 of my neices are in my Wedding and their ages are 8, 10 & 12..They are my 3 Junior bridesmaids!! :-)
    However..You can always call her "Brides Special Helper" or something like that :-)
    Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
    My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#12 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
    • 2,424 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

I would just go with junior bridesmaid

#13 monicaswave

monicaswave
      • 450 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

Ladies!

Thank you so much for your input.

I thought about the Jr. Bridesmaid title but I held back for one reason.

I really want to include her in the wedding but I'm hesitant to give her a Jr. BM title because I have other cousins that I'm a bit closer to (mainly just because we are closer in age) and I don't want them to feel left out. It might be weird if I pick my 9 yr old cousin as a Jr. BM but not my 15 or 18 yr old cousins too.

I think Bride Helper might work better for my situation.

#14 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
        • 88 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

I like Bride Helper... in your situation, I agree that it seems like the right thing to do.
          Jodi

#15 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:51 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by monicaswave
            Ladies,

My little cousin who is 9 yrs old really wanted to be a part of my wedding. I am so excited to have her help out but I think she may be too old to be a flower girl so I was going to have her help with passing out parasols and programs during the ceremony. I want to include her name in the program as well so I would like to give her a title but I don't know what to call her.

She is too old to be a flower girl and too young for a Jr. Bridesmaids. Any suggestions?
            i say just call her a flower girl anyway. who made the rules as far as who is too old to be what anyway? is a 9 yr old not still a "girl"? it seems to me that for a destination wedding, all "rules" go out the window anyway. my flower girl will be 7, and my ringbearer 9 i think? and honestly, i feel like if anyone would sit there all gossippy and rude like, "omg, i can't believe her 'flower girl' is so OLD" then they've got problems, ya know? LOL. if she's not really handling flowers of course then maybe something different is in order, but other than that do what you want! maybe the spanish words for it are cool sounding? senorita de flores? (not sure if that's right LOL)

#16 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:16 AM

I go with mummergirl i'd just call her a flower girl - she's just going to be happy she's in the wedding

#17 monicaswave

monicaswave
              • 450 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                i say just call her a flower girl anyway. who made the rules as far as who is too old to be what anyway? is a 9 yr old not still a "girl"? it seems to me that for a destination wedding, all "rules" go out the window anyway. my flower girl will be 7, and my ringbearer 9 i think? and honestly, i feel like if anyone would sit there all gossippy and rude like, "omg, i can't believe her 'flower girl' is so OLD" then they've got problems, ya know? LOL. if she's not really handling flowers of course then maybe something different is in order, but other than that do what you want! maybe the spanish words for it are cool sounding? senorita de flores? (not sure if that's right LOL)
                Mummergirl, you made me smile. You are so right and thanks for putting it in perspective for me. When it comes down to it I guess it really is not such a big deal to call her "flower girl" and yes you are right people won't point the finger and talk. It's funny how we get so caught up in planning every detail that we start to emphasize the little stuff.

Anyhow, I think what I will do is ask her what name she would prefer. I will give her the Flower Girl and Bride Helper title and see which one she would like and let her pick.

#18 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by monicaswave
                  Mummergirl, you made me smile. You are so right and thanks for putting it in perspective for me. When it comes down to it I guess it really is not such a big deal to call her "flower girl" and yes you are right people won't point the finger and talk. It's funny how we get so caught up in planning every detail that we start to emphasize the little stuff.

Anyhow, I think what I will do is ask her what name she would prefer. I will give her the Flower Girl and Bride Helper title and see which one she would like and let her pick.
                  i like the idea of letting her pick ... it will make her feel all the more special.

i guess i really didn't care about the age of my flowergirl and ringbearer since my brides"maids" are my sisters who will be 50 and 49 at the time of my wedding! hell, i'm the "bride" and i'm 36, so my whole entire age scale is WAY OFF the norm! LOL

#19 delauren

delauren
                  • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Bridesmaid Trainee? Haha, no I like Junior Bridesmaid the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users