Sign in to follow this  
monicaswave

What to call a girl that's too old to be a flower girl?

Ladies,

My little cousin who is 9 yrs old really wanted to be a part of my wedding. I am so excited to have her help out but I think she may be too old to be a flower girl so I was going to have her help with passing out parasols and programs during the ceremony. I want to include her name in the program as well so I would like to give her a title but I don't know what to call her.

She is too old to be a flower girl and too young for a Jr. Bridesmaids. Any suggestions?

Usher?? But that doesn't sound very much like a cute little 9 yr old girl!! Fairy Princess maybe!! Or bride's helper!huh.gif Geesh...I don't know!! I'm terrible at this sort of thing!! Maybe someone else will be of better help!!

I was about that age in my sisters wedding, and my official title was "Junior Bridesmaid". I had a similar more age appropriate dress that matched the other bridesmaids. It's definitely an option.

I think JR. Bridesmaid is an option as is Bridal Attendant. Either way, she'll be really excited to be included, especially if she gets a special dress.