real vs fake flower in hair?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 catandcleo

• 173 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

Interesting... I had never really thought about using fake flowers - i just assumed real was the way to go. But now after reading all of the comments on here - you ladies have convinced me that fake is definitely a much more sensible option. Every day is a revelation on here, i swear!

#22 blkladylaw

• 149 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

I purchased a "real touch gardenia" one from ebay seller seasyrn and it is fabulous and so realistic. I mean the petals and even kind of moist and she had it scented like a real flower. I may not use it for the wedding as I am still undecided about my hair but I love it!
      Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
      Our first baby (a...

#23 luckyj711

• 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

If I am carrying Calla Lilies and my colors are hot pink/lime green, what are suggestions for hair flowers? I don't think the Calla Lily would be good for my hair.

#24 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the flower links. I'll def be using fake one to avoid surprises. Morgan, I love the pink flower in your hair! It's a beautiful color.

#25 DB2B

• 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

I'm in favor of the fake flower for all the reasons listed above. I was pro au-naturale but I changed my mind. Not for practical reasons people have listed, but because I want one of these flowers!

I love them, and I'm hoping I can wear one with my dress without style-clashing. Plus, it's a little tough to find an appropriate venue to wear your wedding dress over and over (if anyone has any ideas though, let me in on them!), but I can wear this forever! Just my 2cents!

Will you post a picture of what you decide on!

#26 melizaarora

• 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

It just depends on your requirement. If you want some special attraction in your hair then go for silk flowers  you have a wide range of flowers to choose from. also check out the personalized hair flowers on http://www.silkflowe...ng-accessories/ .

#27 LilyPotter

• 72 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 14, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Taveuni, Fiji
              • LocationNorway

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm wearing a real flower, but that's because I'll be wearing it only to the ceremony :) I'm having the same flowers as in the bouquet - white orchids. If I was going to wear it for a longer period of time, I would definitely go for a fake one!
              July 14th 2014, Taveuni Island, Fiji

#28 GingerJ228

• 158 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 8, 2014
              • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
              • LocationMexico

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

I am gong to put a fake flower in my hair (I think) there was a flower that originally was sewn into the side of my dress but I ordered it without it so I am going to use that in my hair

Edited by GingerJ228, 02 March 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#29 EmilyThomas

• 9 posts
                • LocationTustin, Orange County

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

I would recommend real flowers. Real flowers look fresh and beautiful as hair accessory, you can use real flowers along with feathers it looks beautiful.  Alternatively you can also use jewel hair accessories.

#30 iberostarbride

• 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

real flower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users