Photo

Menu Card Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 avramnanan

avramnanan
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

I'm having a buffet dinner.. Is it required to have Menu cards for that?

#2 Hitched Invites

Hitched Invites
    • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:48 AM

I don't think you are required to have menu cards at all, I think it is whether you want them or not, or how formal you are going. If you would like to include a menu card for each guest you could, but what about having an 8x10 piece by each station describing what is there. I have done that for a few of my clients.

Hope this helps.

#3 Mel&B

Mel&B
      • 613 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:57 AM

Great question! I am having a buffet as well and I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully more girls with chime in with their thoughts.

#4 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

I agree you do not have to I like Hitched Invites idea.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 avramnanan

avramnanan
          • 32 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

My wedding is an outdoor so it is informal. My centerpieces are small and there is not much on the table.... I think I will include a menu if I can make myself. Just to fill the table a little.Another question...would I include the candy buffet on the menu card?

#6 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
            • Banned
            • 242 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

I've been to a lot of weddings and I rarely ever see menu cards for buffets. However, I really appreciate when they are out. I'm vegetarian, so having a menu card helps me to know if I can eat certain items, because a lot of recipes use chicken/beef stock these days or the meat is so small I can't see it right off the bat. I know people with food allergies really appreciate menu cards as well.

#7 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by avramnanan
                I'm having a buffet dinner.. Is it required to have Menu cards for that?
                it is never required to have a menu card, but i have been to a wedding that was buffet style that had one. i think it was nice to know what was up there before you hit the buffet line (i.e. you might not put chicken on your plate if you knew there was a beef carving station further down the line!). also, as someone else mentioned, they are definitely helpful for people with allergies or even the generally fussy. i say do it ... menu cards are one of those nice touches that dress up the tables a bit and don't cost much. very easy to DIY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users