Photo

Torn about using a DJ

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stephv710

stephv710
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

My stepdaughter is getting married in Vegas and having a small reception at Maggianos. There are only about 25-30 people coming but she has her heart set on having a DJ. She wants to have a first dance with her husband and also dance with her Dad. My feeling is that a group that small does not warrant a DJ, but I don't know what the alternative is. The whole IPOD route makes me a little nervous and none of are very "techie" when it comes to those things.

I guess I'm asking if anyone has had a DJ for just a few people and if so, how did it turn out?

Thanks.

#2 twotees1218

twotees1218
    • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

Many Mexico DW brides elect to skip the DJ. The language issue and being ripped off are huge factors in that decision. I would love to have a DJ and there are only 26 of us, but in Mexico the DJ's don't speak english (for the most part), are $1300 for 4 45 minute sets (actually only 3 hrs work), and use your ipod anyways because music there is outdated. I personally won't pay $1300 for that. Maybe it's different in Vegas? We are going the ipod route and have spent endless hours making playlists. We will also have a computer as backup and burned cd's of all the playlists just in case.

#3 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

We are going to have around 30 ppl at our wedding and we are going to use the resort dj.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 hmj

hmj
        • 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

We are getting married in Mexico and will be using our iPOD. Better get started on making those playlists!!!

#5 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

We are using a DJ and there is only 25-30 of us. I know another bride on here did the same thing and she said that it turned out great. As long as the DJ plays fun music you will be in good shape

#6 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
            • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

We would have loved to have a DJ... BUT the IPod is working as our DJ for us now. We only have about 16 people coming ... so with that being said, not really warrented in renting one at such a high cost. We are having a AHR, so we will have our DJ then. Lets hope nothing breaks and goes off without a hitch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users