Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
carissa

Transporting Wedding Dress

Recommended Posts

I called Frontier Airlines to see if they would let me carry the dress on. They told me no. He said I either have to check it, or have it in a carryon bag. So, I guess it's the rolly bag for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHARIDER View Post
I called Frontier Airlines to see if they would let me carry the dress on. They told me no. He said I either have to check it, or have it in a carryon bag. So, I guess it's the rolly bag for me!
Sarah - Alaska Air said the same thing to me when I called. Like someone else mentioned, the person on the phone is basically worthless. The gate attendant & flight attendants on the day of your flight are the people that will decide. I stressed out way too much about this in advance.

Here's what I did: I had my seamstress bag my dress for me in the bridal shop bag, put on my "BRIDE" tank top & my best smile and I had no problems what so ever. My dress was HUGE! They were not able to hang it, so they just laid it in an overhead bin all by itself. All of the flight attendants were awesome - they congratulated us multiple times coming & going.

Just treat your dress as your carry on item & be super nice & smiley and everything will be fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Sarah - Alaska Air said the same thing to me when I called. Like someone else mentioned, the person on the phone is basically worthless. The gate attendant & flight attendants on the day of your flight are the people that will decide. I stressed out way too much about this in advance.

Here's what I did: I had my seamstress bag my dress for me in the bridal shop bag, put on my "BRIDE" tank top & my best smile and I had no problems what so ever. My dress was HUGE! They were not able to hang it, so they just laid it in an overhead bin all by itself. All of the flight attendants were awesome - they congratulated us multiple times coming & going.

Just treat your dress as your carry on item & be super nice & smiley and everything will be fine!
Ok, so I know that I shouldn't stress about this. But, I just wonder what would happen if they decided to be asses and not let me board with it- what would I do? I guess they'd just have to let me on or I'd have to buy a piece of carryon luggage at the airport! lol
Ok, so I'll wear my "The Future Mrs Spr****" hoodie at the airport and call it good- great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically, if they are jerks, as long as your dress is in a bag, you should be good to go. You don't have to have a certain size luggage, you just have to be able to stuff whatever luggage you have into a special size box. They VERY rarely make you do this, but if they did, then just stuff your dress in. It won't get any more wrinkled than if you bought a carry on, it'll just be less expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
I'd wear it on before UPS-ing it! hee hee hee.. now that would be a funny sight!
lol that would be a sight Kash! How are you girl- it seems like we're never on here much anymore. I hope things are going well- miss you!

I definitely wouldn't wear your dress on the plane- you'd probably have jealous brides trying to steal it off you! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this on the US Airways website ...

 

Wedding dresses

 

We can accommodate your wedding dress as long as you can place it in the overhead bin.

 

We recommend that you store the dress in a garment bag and fold it in half. We have found that folding it in half causes the least amount of wrinkling. The maximum size garment bag is 54 inches.

 

That's good news ... so I am done worrying. :-) I have plenty of time to worry anyway! :-)fryingpan.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Found this on the US Airways website ...

Wedding dresses

We can accommodate your wedding dress as long as you can place it in the overhead bin.

We recommend that you store the dress in a garment bag and fold it in half. We have found that folding it in half causes the least amount of wrinkling. The maximum size garment bag is 54 inches.

That's good news ... so I am done worrying. :-) I have plenty of time to worry anyway! :-)fryingpan.gif
good to know, thanks Tami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×