jkauf
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

These suggestions are great. Thanks!

#12 SoNluv

SoNluv
    • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

I am doing blue and brown as well. I am wondering if a burnt orange as the accent is too much?

#13 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
      • 341 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sunsetbride1
        I am doing chocolate brown, sky blue with touches of gold and white for our wedding. Here is some of my stuff and then some things that I have found for inspiration:

Invites:
        Click the image to open in full size.

Tropical Flowers which inspired me:

I am doing chocolate brown bm dresses (VS convertible) with white hair flowers with blue, gold and chocolate accents - they are still being made with an amazing supplier on Etsy.

My dress is white and I will have a white hair flower with blue accents.

FI will wear tan linen pants and a white shirt.

GM's will wear tan linen pants with either blue or brown shirts (haven't decided yet).

Honestly, we chose the color palette because it's natural. We want our decoration to be the beach, ocean, trees and sunset.
        I love the invitation you posted for inspiration. Can you tell me where you found it? Thanks!
        http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#14 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
        • 342 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hi, I am also using sky blue and chocolate brown. I was thinking about using white and light pink flowers for the bouquets. I'm not too sure about the centerpieces yet. I might keep it simple and use candles and flower petals in white and pink.
          ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#15 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hoosierfan
            I love the invitation you posted for inspiration. Can you tell me where you found it? Thanks!
            I ordered them from Wedding Paper Diva's and actually received them late last week.. I love them!
            Palm Trees Wedding Invitation

#16 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
            • 341 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

Thanks! I love that site and will definitely check it out. Finding non-cheesy beach invites has been a challenge for me so far!

#17 Mother of Bride

Mother of Bride
              • 100 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

Since this was already my daughters choice for the theme colors for invitations, the sand ceremony, party favors, etc....was glad to get more ideas. Never thought of orange with it, but I will keep an open mind (ha ha)

#18 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
                • 341 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

Are any of you blue and brown brides doing turquoise bridesmaid gowns? I'm eyeing some and wondering what color pashmina would compliment them well. I don't think I really want to do a brown pashmina. Hmmm...

#19 jmb0902

jmb0902
                  • 496 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:46 AM

I'm so excited to see this thread, and thanks to Shelly for the other links! I just got this invite sample in the mail, and it is GORGEOUS! The paper is a shimmery blue, and they are so nice... I'm wondering if they're a little TOO formal though. Just thought I'd share, enjoy!

#20 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jmb0902
                      I'm so excited to see this thread, and thanks to Shelly for the other links! I just got this invite sample in the mail, and it is GORGEOUS! The paper is a shimmery blue, and they are so nice... I'm wondering if they're a little TOO formal though. Just thought I'd share, enjoy!

jmb.. those are gorgeous. I don't think that they are too formal at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users