Sky blue and chocolate brown anyone?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 montegobay09

montegobay09
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hello ladies!

My wedding colors are sky blue/turquoise and chocolate brown. I've been doing a lot of searching for unique and simple ideas to make things look special and paying attention to detail and I'm hoping you can all help me out. Post your unique ideas to make things look coordinated and extra special! Thanks!

#2 missdanelle

missdanelle
    • 687 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

i would love to see what you come up with being that those are the colors im going with too!

#3 montegobay09

montegobay09
      • 832 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I posted this ages ago and no one has posted but you. I think a lot of people on here used those colors so I found ideas by searching different threads. It would've been nice to have them all in one spot but...oh well!

#4 jkauf

jkauf
        • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Love the colors and thinking about doing them myself but what do you do for flowers with those colors? I haven't found anything I like that goes so if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

#5 montegobay09

montegobay09
          • 832 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jkauf
            Love the colors and thinking about doing them myself but what do you do for flowers with those colors? I haven't found anything I like that goes so if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.
            I have tons of pics that match with those colors but the only flowers I can imagine having are white calla lillies in a very simple bouquet so that's what I'll be getting for me. Here are a few other pics...if you want more,PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you!

Mine isn't quite like this but it's kind of the same idea

Click the image to open in full size.

I just love the color orange and how it contrasts with the turquoise! If I had a wedding at home and had planned more decor I would've added the orange to my colors. My living room is actually these colors.

#6 montegobay09

montegobay09
            • 832 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

Oh and here's someones board that I loved too... I think it's beautiful! I don't remember where I got it so if it's yours I would love to give you credit for it!

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

I am doing chocolate brown, sky blue with touches of gold and white for our wedding. Here is some of my stuff and then some things that I have found for inspiration:

Invites:

Tropical Flowers which inspired me:

I am doing chocolate brown bm dresses (VS convertible) with white hair flowers with blue, gold and chocolate accents - they are still being made with an amazing supplier on Etsy.

My dress is white and I will have a white hair flower with blue accents.

FI will wear tan linen pants and a white shirt.

GM's will wear tan linen pants with either blue or brown shirts (haven't decided yet).

Honestly, we chose the color palette because it's natural. We want our decoration to be the beach, ocean, trees and sunset.

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

here are some sites I found to give you some ideas

Our blue & brown beachy themed OLD FIELD CLUB wedding (Blue Daisy, Verbena, CosmoNY, MAC...)! LONG review, tons PROPICS, slideshow, TYcard, HM review **UPDATES: HI-RES PICS,ALBUM P.3, ANNIV PICS P.4**

on the blue bios, you can also choose to see just blue and brown, there are a lot, I hope you can get some ideas from there

The Blue Bio

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

here are two more with some good ideas

Chocolate Brown and Light Blue - Wedding Announcer Forums

Brown & Blue - Wedding Announcer Forums

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

I love that color combination, great choice! I did brown and orange but I almost went with blue. Great links Shelley :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users