OK, since FH and I have basically decided to do away with the idea of inviting everyone for this big to do and focus on just the two of us, I'm wondering about notifying people of the AHR.

Has anyone had invitations made, if so...what type? I actually had the thought of doing the message in the bottle invites and simply wording them as if we were literally sending them from Mexico..something along the lines of "Sending Our Love From the Shores of Mexico" along with the fact that yes, we got married and here's the celebration info.

For those who have had AHR's, what did you do to notify people? Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

We ordered regular invitations for our AHR. It is Dec 6th, so my invites are white trifold with embossed snowflakes. We just got them all assembled and addressed today to send out on Monday.

We are having our AHR in Jan and we went to Invitations by Dawn... they have some really cute Vellum destination invites. We bought "waters edge" and with the wording saying:

We are getting ready to depart, but this is only start, Amanda and Jay will be married on Nov 8 in Negril. Please some and celebrate at our reception in Jan

This isn't exactly it but I didnt want to have to type more than needed and you get the drift. Google it, thats what I did in looking for a nice way to let everyone know.

Friends staying behind and not coming to Jamaica are going to send them out on Friday the day before we get married so people might actually get them on the day of the wedding.

Glad I'm not the only one with the idea of the invites going out while we're away...I think we'll go ahead and do the message in a bottle invites, because I really love those and don't suppose there's any reason not to just because it's not for the actual wedding.

We are doing the same photo invites that were for our wedding invites. The only difference will be the wording on the vellum and the background picture will be our wedding photo instead of our engagement photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
OK, since FH and I have basically decided to do away with the idea of inviting everyone for this big to do and focus on just the two of us, I'm wondering about notifying people of the AHR.

Has anyone had invitations made, if so...what type? I actually had the thought of doing the message in the bottle invites and simply wording them as if we were literally sending them from Mexico..something along the lines of "Sending Our Love From the Shores of Mexico" along with the fact that yes, we got married and here's the celebration info.

For those who have had AHR's, what did you do to notify people? Any suggestions or ideas would be great.
I think this idea is super cute! I would stick with it. I sent out AHR invites that basically told them we were getting married in Ocho Rios Jamaica and if they could join us for reception upon our return. I made them really cute with my them and colors throughout.. seashells and crystals-- colors mango and aqua..

Thanks ladies!

I found the cutest passport stamps on Ebay...I'm going to stamp the outside of the boxes. They say things like "Destination love!" and "Mexico" on them. I can use ink in our colors for them too.

I'm also going to burn the paper edges of the actual invites inside so they look sorta shipwrecked.