Sign in to follow this  
Island Princess

I LOVE MY NEW CLIP IN HAIR EXTENSIONS*pic*

That looks GREAT!!! I want them too, but I havn't really been looking yet. I still dont know what color I want my hair to be for the wedding, so I don't know what color to buy... Or is it possible to "paint" the hair?

Anyways you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Thanks Leia and Island Girl!

I (and *Heather* :-)) have been stalking the hair extension threads and I'm sure this is the way to go. Picking mine up this weekend, I'll try and post some pics. I CANNOT believe they were only around $80!! I was expecting to pay so much more for real hair!!!!
Samantha, you HAVE to let me know how they turn out! I think you and I have very similar hair. Are you getting yours at Sally Beauty Supply too?

How wide are the clip-ins? Just like an inch? I think these are going to be the only thing that will work for me...

Make sure to take pics! I can't wait to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesjess View Post
That looks GREAT!!! I want them too, but I havn't really been looking yet. I still dont know what color I want my hair to be for the wedding, so I don't know what color to buy... Or is it possible to "paint" the hair?

Anyways you look great!
When I last had Great Lengths Extensions (the ones that are bonded into your hair), I dyed my hair dark brown after a few months and the extensions took the dye fine. But my hair stylist was surprised, she didn't expect them to. So I wouldn't count on it, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
Samantha, you HAVE to let me know how they turn out! I think you and I have very similar hair. Are you getting yours at Sally Beauty Supply too?

How wide are the clip-ins? Just like an inch? I think these are going to be the only thing that will work for me...

Make sure to take pics! I can't wait to see!

I just picked them up! They are a little too platinum so my stylist will have to color and cut them--they are WAY TOO LONG (14" is the shortest they had)! I got the Euronext ones at Sally and yep, they were only $80! I tried them on but I can't even look at myself with hair that long, I look ridiculous-- cheesey paris hilton hair when she has it long. They come with 6 wider strips of hair that go in the back and then 4 small 'pieces'. Then there are 2 'testing' strips that don't have a clip on them that you can do a practice run on the color.

My gal is doing a hair trial for me on Nov 2 so I will post pics for SURE. Island Girl's look fabulous so I am optimistic. I am pretty sure you and I do have very similar hair-- fine and thin! I ordered a gorgeous feather hair pin today, so excited to see it all come together. :-)

so excited - went out and got mine today from Sally's...the color is almost a perfect match so I'm psyched.

even though its human hair, i'm worried about heat-styling it...anyone tried yet?

also, my hair is super duper thin/fine, but i'm thinking if I tease it a bit, the clips will hold better....thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Princess View Post
Sure have, I pulled it all onto one side.
I love the wavy messy ponytail look :)
I love that look too :)

It was good to see this thread, because I'm about to go in for my first Bridal Hair Trial appt. and we're thinking about extensions/hair piece add ons, and doing a loose look much like the one you have with the side pony tail, only probably a little more dressed up with a loose bun in there too...

They look really natural on you! Beautiful :)

So I just went to get my hair coloured yesterday and my awesome hairdresser started playing around with extensions in my hair after I mentioned that I was realy interested in them... It was so fun! rockon.gif Now I have to get some too.

My hair is fine, but thick (I have a lot of it, but it's very fine). She said that for me, it would probably be best to tease the roots before clipping in clip-ons. She also said that with clip-ons the hair is going down, so if you try to do an up-do and have fine hair, it's possible that the ridge where all the strands are attached will bump out. She showed me and it did.

She then demonstrated with a weft of hair that wasn't clipped. It was pretty wide and she made a small pony tail under the top layer of the back of my hair, wrapped the weft around, using bobby pins to hold it and then made a pony tail on top of the first pony tail with the rest of my hair. It mixed in really well.

So if I were going to do an up-do, I'd do it that way, rather than with clip-ons. But if you want to wear your hair down, clip-ons are excellent!

Just thought that info may help you, Heather and other girls who have thinner/finer hair :)

So, I don't think I'll be doing an up-do with extensions for the wedding (too labour-intensive and I don't know if the hairdresser down in Mexico will know how), but I'm totally thinking of purchasing clip-ins for myself for days when i want to wear my hair down and long :)