Photo

DIY shell ring holder help needed...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caroline

caroline
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

I bought a beautiful sea shell from a lovely lady on eBay... and it's in two parts... I'm hoping to somehow be able to 'hinge' the two together (or find someone who may be able to do so for me) Has anyone tried this and been successful? Suggestions?

I'm also going to need to figure out the inner workings - but will cross that bridge when I get to it!

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

One option would be to buy a hinge from a craft store and use a glue gun - an easier (and probably cleaner) option would be to drill a couple of holes in the bottom of each and use some sort of fastener or wire.

I bought one large shell from Michaels and drilled two holes in the middle. I have threaded ribbon from the bottom to top (so the ends both come up through the holes) and will tie a nice bow that the rings wil be attached to...

#3 cendcar

cendcar
      • 163 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

In case you just want to get another one....I got my ringbearer seashell from E-Bay. $14 plus S&H.

The women had decorated the shell in my colors and attached some faux rings to it...it is so cute. Here is her email....Aprildawnesh@cs.com

I will post pictures when I get home.

#4 caroline

caroline
        • 697 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Thanks guys... and I'd love to see what yours looks like, if you wouldn't mind posting!

#5 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
          • 1,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

I'm sure i've seen some on ebay with the hinges on them....i'll go have a wee search and see if I can find the seller for you........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users