Photo

Jessyg20's VERY LONG & DETAILED Planning Thread

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#111 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hey Jesse!! Thanks so much for the wonderful planning thread! I hope you are still active on the forum (I see your wedding was 2 years ago) because I have a couple of questions:

~Did you pick your menu before you got to the resort? I was wondering how I was going to make menu cards ahead of time because I did not have a menu.
    ~Your CD cases are lovely! I have been looking for something outside of the standard plasic jewel case. Where did you get these?
    ~When was the first time you met with the judge/officiant?

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and inspiration!

#112 jessyg20

jessyg20
    • 263 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ
      Hey Jesse!! Thanks so much for the wonderful planning thread! I hope you are still active on the forum (I see your wedding was 2 years ago) because I have a couple of questions:

~Did you pick your menu before you got to the resort? I was wondering how I was going to make menu cards ahead of time because I did not have a menu.
      ~Your CD cases are lovely! I have been looking for something outside of the standard plasic jewel case. Where did you get these?

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and inspiration!

Bride Loving CJ-
      Thank you for all the wonderful compliments.
      I can't belive it's been so long since the wedding, I had so much fun planning it. Now, I'm expecting my first born in September (Gender unknown and fyi if it's a boy his nickname will be CJ). So I'm excited about that now!

Ok down to your questions...

**** I chose my menu before the wedding, about a month in advance. Everyone was served the same thing so it wasn't difficult to create the cards ahead. Just print, cut and paste on Card Stock. Lots of cutting and pasting! lol

I was very proud of the CD's. Between the CD holders and the easels to hold them on, it looked like I spent a fortune. I bought the plain white CD holders at Favor warehouse on sale. I decorated them with my monogram, satin ribbon, and printed the song list on vellum paper. The hardest part was punching the hole on the side for the ribbon, the rest was easy!

I met the pastor via email and a follow up phone call when I arrived. Nice man, he's been living in Punta Cana as part of a Christian Mission group. He performed the ceremony in English. Speaks both english and spanish.

HOpe this helps, let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks,
      Jessy
      Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
      http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
      Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#113 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
      • 278 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jessyg20
        I was very proud of the CD's. Between the CD holders and the easels to hold them on, it looked like I spent a fortune. I bought the plain white CD holders at Favor warehouse on sale. I decorated them with my monogram, satin ribbon, and printed the song list on vellum paper. The hardest part was punching the hole on the side for the ribbon, the rest was easy!
        Thanks so much for answering the questions!!

Is Favor Warehouse an online store or is local to you?

#114 jessyg20

jessyg20
        • 263 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ
          Thanks so much for answering the questions!!

Is Favor Warehouse an online store or is local to you?

My mistake, here's the site....
          Paperboard CD Case : Unique Wedding Favors - Wedding Reception Favors - Bridal Shower Favors

Good luck!
          Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
          http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
          Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#115 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
          • Banned
          • 2,710 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Wow everything looks AMAZINGGGG!

#116 breeze616

breeze616
            • 1,760 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Wow! Everything looks amazing! Great Job :)

#117 DWBride615

DWBride615
              • 852 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Wow...everything looks great! It's soo detailed and well planned.

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#118 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                • 218 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Everything looked great, the "green" welcome books are amazing!  congrats on the upcoming babe :)   

#119 Ayslinn

Ayslinn
                  • 200 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

your luggage tags were way cute!

#120 kary

kary
                    • 186 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

OH Wow!  You did sooooo much!  It all looked wonderful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users