Aloha Weddings - Wedding Coordinator - Bad Review

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:37 AM

I just came across this message on The Knot, and I thought it was important enough to share in case anyone is planning a wedding in Oahu. This was posted by Knottie 'Julie Ponce' --

Hi everyone,
    just a warning I booked Aloha Island Weddings to do my wedding on Oahu . We have been talking for two months... and with just two months to go until we fly out, he sent me an email and canceled my wedding.

Because mine was "small" and he had a bigger wedding to to.....

do not use him!!!

#2 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

That is absolutley awful!! Eventhough I am not planning a wedding here it is good that you are passing along the information. I believe in consumer power...bad service should never be rewarded! If I ever hear of anyone thinking of this place I will let them know about this.
      Like our first kiss all over again

#3 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

That is not cool at all!!! He should have told her from the beginning that her wedding was "too small!"

#4 jdweinbe

• 89 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for passing that along! I wouldn't know what to do if that happened! I hope she got the hotel involved and demanded the sun and moon! I wonder what she did for her wedding! Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

that is awful. i should send them an email in protest!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:43 PM

yea - i can't imagine doing that to someone. if nothing else, you have to know she will spread the bad news, and he will likely lose business!

#7 Season85

• 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

When we were considering Hawaii, I had send numerous e-mails to them and recieved not even an e-mail in return. I've called them and not recieved a phone call back, I decided then not to use them! Poor bride

#8 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

Thats crazy. But this isnt the only bad thing that I have heard about them. Hopefully the news travels fast so that no one else is in the same situation.

#9 amandalovesryan

• 933 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

that stinks! poor bride! i have bad nerves for her!
                  My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

#10 laidbackbride

• 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Wow. How could that even happen at all!!! Poor girl. I hope she put up a fight over that. Someone should!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users