#11 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gossip girl
    Well I believe we just voted not that long ago (maybe 2 years ago I can't remember). We don't really have the every 4 year thing, they can call elections whenever they want. They announced this election about 3 weeks ago so they don't do the crazy campaigning. It is the exact same leaders of the parties (more or less) that they had in the last election.

The leaders are not very interesting I guess...noone is inspiring or will make a huge difference to be honest. We don't have the war issue really or the same economic situation as in the US so the issues are kind of bland. I will bet most people don't even know there is an election coming up!
    I agree - our debate will be boring. I don't feel like anyone is proposing any real change or anything. And yeah we just voted about 2.5 years ago. I'll probably watch more of the US debate tonight than I will the Canada one...how bad is that?!

#12 *Casey*

*Casey*
    • 5,209 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

This may be a stupid question but... do a lot of Canadians follow US politics?

#13 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

Yep I'd say so. It's on our news a lot because really, what happens in the US affects us because we're so close. Plus a lot of our media is from the US so we get Fox and CNN and MSNBC and all of that stuff too. It's hard to get away from the US election right now, it's everywhere!

#14 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

I'm excited, mostly b/c i'm in market research and my company does so many political studies on ads and the debates. its pretty cool, for tonight we have ppl texting in who they think is winning on different issues.

#15 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

I would say I have followed this US campaign very closely. It is very interesting, and it is hard not to since it is all a lot of the networks show!

#16 chickadee024

chickadee024
            • 140 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
              I didn't realize the rescheduled other shows ahhh!! But I am looking forward to watching as well. In Canada we are all following what is going on quite closely, and even though we can't vote, it is WAY more interesting than our election. There is actually a Canadian debate tonight between the leaders and our election is in 2 weeks. But it is honestly so boring!
              Yeah, the next new G.A. is next Thursday (Oct 9, I think). Worthy sacrifice, though - I'm more interested in the dynamics between Palin/Biden than MerDer at this point!

Now, wouldn't it be fun if Jerry Springer were the moderator?

#17 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

I'm ok with the shows being rescheduled too. I would like to watch The Office though so I'm with Morgan (well except I'm not wearing a tshirt with a jello'd stapler.)
                Happily married since 2008

#18 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
                  Well I believe we just voted not that long ago (maybe 2 years ago I can't remember). We don't really have the every 4 year thing, they can call elections whenever they want. They announced this election about 3 weeks ago so they don't do the crazy campaigning. It is the exact same leaders of the parties (more or less) that they had in the last election.
                  That's interesting. I guess it's somewhat unfortunate that we couldn't have an election any time we wanted in the last 8 years. :)
                  Happily married since 2008

#19 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

what do you guys think some of the questions asked will be?

#20 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by *Heather*
                    Yep I'd say so. It's on our news a lot because really, what happens in the US affects us because we're so close. Plus a lot of our media is from the US so we get Fox and CNN and MSNBC and all of that stuff too. It's hard to get away from the US election right now, it's everywhere!
                    Interesting.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    That's interesting. I guess it's somewhat unfortunate that we couldn't have an election any time we wanted in the last 8 years. :)
                    No kidding

OK so does anyone know the time of the debate tonight? (I'm in Central Time Zone btw but can convert it if need be )

I'm happy that you reminded me! I was kinda bummed today because Martin works late tonight and then goes to school and all my friends are busy. Guess I'll just grab a glass of wine and order in and watch the debate for my nightly entertainment! I am really interested in this one. Actually, for the first time so far I've actually been interested given Palin jumping in and switching things up. I used to work for the previous 2 campaigns (against Bush) but for some reason this one just never shook me up... not sure why. But now I'm really invested!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users