VP Debate tonight!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 chickadee024

chickadee024
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

Hey everyone!

A reminder that the VP debate is on tonight in case anyone has been living under a rock the last few weeks. Hahaha. We've got Sarah Palin and Joe Biden up, and they'll be focused largely on foreign policy.

Regardless of where you stand, I think it's pretty exciting that so many people are involved in the electoral process! I'm not even bitter about the Grey's Anatomy reschedule. I'm hearing people talk about it everywhere, and proud of my fellow Americans for taking active interest in the future of the country.

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

I actually know a lot of people who have registered to vote for the first time. That's pretty exciting. I think many people are concerned with the future of our country so now they are actually taking the time to be involved.
      Happily married since 2008

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

i'm very interest to watch tonight. i tivoed the first presidental debate, but then my tivo didn't pick it up- because The Soup was at a higher priority :0 so shameful!

i'm more excited about the vp debate. we haven't had as many chances to see them talk.

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

oh but i am sad about the office being bumped. i'm wearing my stapler in jello t-shirt today in a silent protest

#5 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

I didn't realize the rescheduled other shows ahhh!! But I am looking forward to watching as well. In Canada we are all following what is going on quite closely, and even though we can't vote, it is WAY more interesting than our election. There is actually a Canadian debate tonight between the leaders and our election is in 2 weeks. But it is honestly so boring!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

why is it boring in canada? is it just a particuarly boring election?

#7 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

Well I believe we just voted not that long ago (maybe 2 years ago I can't remember). We don't really have the every 4 year thing, they can call elections whenever they want. They announced this election about 3 weeks ago so they don't do the crazy campaigning. It is the exact same leaders of the parties (more or less) that they had in the last election.

The leaders are not very interesting I guess...noone is inspiring or will make a huge difference to be honest. We don't have the war issue really or the same economic situation as in the US so the issues are kind of bland. I will bet most people don't even know there is an election coming up!

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

I've been looking forward to this all week :)

#9 *Casey*

*Casey*
                  • 5,209 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

Is it weird that I'm a little nervous about watching this? I think I just hate confrontation so much, that I feel so uncomfortable watching people debate. I'm gonna watch anyway though.

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Case*a*licious
                      Is it weird that I'm a little nervous about watching this? I think I just hate confrontation so much, that I feel so uncomfortable watching people debate. I'm gonna watch anyway though.
                      It's not weird, I get the same way sometimes. Even if I don't like someone it bothers me to see them defeated...you should see when I watch sports! I want my team to win but I always feel a little bad for the losers..well almost always :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users