Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#31 trisha0612

• 491 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Dude...I swear it doesn't matter if you talk to anyone...b/c out of all the comments I've read and my FI called their immediately and spoke with someone...every story is DIFFERENT!!! That's what's freaking me out!

We were told that the resort is closed and they have no idea when it is going reopen if it does, oh that nost likely our wedding was canceled....THEEEEEN we called secrets to try and be proactive and they were told they were hoping it would reopen by Friday....and if not they would start contacting people..which is just great b/c we leave here at like 6 am on Saturday...

They also told us that if you went through one person to book like a TA the groups could be easily moved..but if not...it's really hard!

I don't know how to feel...I just freaked out and cried for like an hour..now what? I have to wait to find out about the wedding
    Travis & Trish
    Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#32 dreamstbride

• 161 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

I just spoke to Monica as well and she said she will pretty much know everything by Wed... She told me to call her back then and she can inform me about everything... (this might be her way of getting me off her back though...)

she did said some of the resort is open while some is not, once again not specifiying which...

#33 chandrathebride

• 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tammy Host
        this is what i received...sounds like it is more the government is just checking to make sure the proper permits are in order. they have not relocated any guests that already checked into the resort:
        Thank you ladies SO MUCH for helping to keep us updated--especially those of us who, unfortunately, are not bi-lingual. With less than 2 months to go I am kind of freaked, but will checking back here often hoping there is good news.

#34 B&J2008

• 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

I'm praying for good news...we leave in a week.

#35 chandrathebride

• 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

Hi girls... I assume you are linked into this thread, but just in case...

ATTN: Riviera Maya brides, IMPORTANT info from your MODS

I posted on there earlier today when I first heard the news, and some of the MODS have responded this afternoon. Trish, I am SO sorry for what you are going through with things right around the corner. Let's all stick together and share all the info we can get our hands on. Big hug. :)

#36 chandrathebride

• 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

Carina--I know yours is closer than mine, but my FI and I have decided to wait and try and get some more specific info before we totally freak our all our guests. We didn't go through a TA, just expedia, so I am a bit concerned.

#37 B&J2008

• 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hi girls...I'm freakin too. We leave on Tusd. Oct 6th. Why is this happening now?...a week before we leave. How are we even supposed to be calm when we've been planning a wedding for a certain resort for almost a year now and learn one week befoe we leave that we may have to move to another resort? What if there are other weddings at this resort? How does that work. Trish, we need to be at the same resort because of Jean-Marcus. I am so frustrated right now. I'm not going to call until tomorrow since I"m sure they are getting tons of calls now. When were they going to let anybody know? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

#38 chandrathebride

• 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

Oh Brooke! You are right around the corner like Trish! I am saying some special prayers tonight! :) I just noticed you are from Lexington, so is my mama. Good people!

#39 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

trish and brooke...i have been in contact with the resort as well as the supplier for you guys...they are keeping me on top of the situation and we are working on a back up plan just in case...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                  Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#40 B&J2008

• 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

Thank you so much Tammy!!! We'll be waiting with our fingers crossed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users