Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#201 amy706

amy706
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amesharpe
    I don't like the information that is coming out today. I wonder if we should band together and send emails to the executive board of AM Resorts?

I'm sure they'd be thrilled with a zillion bridezilla's hounding them.

Let me know your thoughts ladies and I'll pull together the info.
    That's not a bad idea... if we all coordinate with a list of brides... power in numbers. I'm in denial about all of this (my wedding is 12/5) but if it gets pushed past 10/13 then I'm going to start panicking.
    Amy706
    Washington, DC
    Dreams Tulum
    December 5, 2008
    Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#202 latinalocany

latinalocany
    • 215 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

my TA made some phone calls and said they should be up and running by next week. i was about to start making my invitations and now im holding off.

i hate the feeling of being on standby. Im very dissapointed in the fact that dreams has not made an official statement!!!
      this is what i read today from the dreams forum:

Dreams Staff
      Global Moderator

Re: Dreams Tulum closed
      « Reply #26 Today at 3:22pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Just wanted to let everyone know the latest info.
      As of right now, we are in the process of moving all arrivals through October 13th.
      Should there be any further delay, guests will be notified immediately.

Thanks!

#203 niels408

niels408
      • 327 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

Amy, I'm right with you..i am 2 days after yours

#204 cendcar

cendcar
        • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

So Jody,

Are you starting preliminary plans for just in case or are you confident that the heavens above will end this madness by Monday?

I opt for the latter.

#205 amesharpe

amesharpe
          • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I'm a total pessimist. I've made several calls to other resorts for back up plans and have even put a deposit down at Paridissus Riveria.

I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst. 98% of my guests have booked through my TA with insurance so it should be easy to switch resorts provided that resort has enough room for us.

Also, there is a new post regarding AM Resorts purchasing a boutique chain (origins?). They are supposed to have the takeover effective December. That might be another option for some of the girls getting married next year.

I'm sending this from my blackberry while stuck on the metra. I don't have the list of execs with me but I'll post as soon as I make it home.

Hang in ther girls, we'll get through this

#206 amesharpe

amesharpe
            • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

Okay ladies. Here is the bio list for the executive board at AM Resorts

AMResorts: Bios

I'm guessing again on the emails but lets try it

azozayagorostiza@amresorts.com
              President

gdelpeon@amresorts.com
              Executive Vice President

Jcoll@amresorts.com
              Chief Financial Officer (this one is probably pointless)

kwojciechowski@amresorts.com
              Vice President, Sales and Marketing

mmullen@amresorts.com
              Senior Director of Sales

jlapointe@amresorts.com
              Director of Marketing and Distribution

Here is the info on the resort that Dreams just purchased. It's not all-inclusive and it is qusai adults only (ages 16 & up)

http://bestdestinati....329#post564555

Not really an option for me but maybe some of you girls might be interested in this option.

We can try and email these guys and put the pressure on for a definitive answer. These people are responsible for maintaining optium occupancy and the resort itself prides itself as one of the leading resorts for destination weddings.

I understand that most people choose a resort for vacation purposes and have insurance should something unfortunate like this happen. But for us, it's quite different. This is the most important day of our lives. We spent many hours, days and months planning these trips for ourselves and our guests. I think we all deserve a little more information that what we are being given.

I hope I'm not overstepping the boundries of this forum but I think we should give this method a try.

My heart goes out to all the girls getting married in the next few weeks

#207 cendcar

cendcar
              • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amesharpe
                Okay ladies. Here is the bio list for the executive board at AM Resorts

President

gdelpeon@amresorts.com
                Executive Vice President

Jcoll@amresorts.com

mmullen@amresorts.com
                Senior Director of Sales

jlapointe@amresorts.com

Here is the info on the resort that Dreams just purchased. It's not all-inclusive and it is qusai adults only (ages 16 & up)

http://bestdestinati....329#post564555

Not really an option for me but maybe some of you girls might be interested in this option.

We can try and email these guys and put the pressure on for a definitive answer. These people are responsible for maintaining optium occupancy and the resort itself prides itself as one of the leading resorts for destination weddings.

I understand that most people choose a resort for vacation purposes and have insurance should something unfortunate like this happen. But for us, it's quite different. This is the most important day of our lives. We spent many hours, days and months planning these trips for ourselves and our guests. I think we all deserve a little more information that what we are being given.

I hope I'm not overstepping the boundries of this forum but I think we should give this method a try.

I'm in! What is the next step?

#208 amesharpe

amesharpe
                • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

I'll post my message in the DT thread and see what kind of response we get

#209 amesharpe

amesharpe
                  • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

Girls, I posted this in the Dreams Tulum Closure thread.

I'm presenting it here to get some insight from you. Let me know what you think??

Here is the bio list for the executive board at AM Resorts

President

gdelpeon@amresorts.com
                    Executive Vice President

Jcoll@amresorts.com

mmullen@amresorts.com
                    Senior Director of Sales

jlapointe@amresorts.com

Am resorts ( owner Dreams & Secrets) now owns Parasio de la Bonita!

#210 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
                    • 161 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

Can any one send some paradisus wedding pics our way... Please!

I am stressing big time!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users