Photo

Does anyone watch TrueBlood?

• Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

#431 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

If you buy book #1 I have the rest!! You can def borrow them :)
    Then if I have #1 back when your done I'll send them to Amy! hahaha It can be like the Starfish thread :-) lol
    Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
    My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#432 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

I honestly don't remember everything that happened and in which books things happened in because I read the books right behind each other. so I don't want to say anything and spoil it. lol

#433 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:01 PM

I'd loan mine too but I gave them back to my friend to reread. I think about 5 people have read them so they have had quite a life thus far.
        Happily married since 2008

#434 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
        • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

Well I read them all fairly recently so that's how I kind of remember, but yes usually they all blend together...LOL
          Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
          My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#435 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

thanks for the loan offers, but i was thinking i'd ask for the whole set of them since i'll be on vacay for a week with nothing pressing to do but sit and read by the lake. the books seem like they're the kind you blow thru with ease, so i'll definitely need more than one!

#436 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
            • 946 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

I've got books 3 and 4 waiting for me to read! Just need to finish the book I'm currently reading! I had no idea there were SO many books in the series! I can't wait to dive in!

#437 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                Hmmm, he'd be ok (Timothy Olyphant) Here's some google images -
                If you buy book #1 I have the rest!! You can def borrow them :)
                Then if I have #1 back when your done I'll send them to Amy! hahaha It can be like the Starfish thread :-) lol
                HAHA, serious, getting some real life outta them! I may have to buy the first book, DH and I are itching for a good read. My mom bought me Twilight for Christmas and begged me to read it, I started it and then one day couldn't find it, DH was reading it and wouldn't give it back, he finished the entire 4 books in 2 weeks I think. :)

#438 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone else count down their weeks by how close the next TB episode is? I need more excitement in my life! LOL

I'm late to the party, but I've always pictured Vin Diesel or Jason Statham (from the Transporter movies) as Quinn. LLCJ would have been a super sexy Quinn! Carly - you know my love for that man! There is something about the Rock that doesn't sit well, like he's too ethnic or something. He would be a great panther or wolf. For some reason I want to say that he was strawberry blonde in the books? Maybe I made that up? I don't think he showed up until book 7 or 8, so I'd be surprised to see him this season.

While reading I pictured Christina Ricci as Debbie - little and dark.

I was so into the books I read them one after the other and they all sort of meshed together. I have to go back and re-read before each season. I'm going to have to do the same thing with Eclispe before I go see it

#439 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

I practically count the hours Erin! I can't wait until this Sunday, I'll get home from airport JUST in time for TB!

#440 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Ok, I agree with all of this!! I think Vin makes a perfect one, I hadn't thought of him, but once it was mentioned, he is perfect. However, Jason S would be pretty good too. Yummy to them both.

Quin is bald in the books (right??), but I think his sister is light haired (maybe strawberry)? But for some reason, when reading it, I was picturing someone darker and then when I read about either his mom or sis, I was surprised by their lightness.

But I'm right with you. I read all 9 books in < 2 weeks last year, so I just started rereading book 1 yesterday. It's funny how now that I've seen the show, I can read the words and totally picture the characters saying them. I think the casting is just about perfect so far as I go back and read. Especially for Bill, who I wasn't the biggest fan of in the series. I just think he's pretty gross and he's not really written up that way in the books, but he really has the character down pat.

Oh and I think we talked about this before, b/c I 100% agree that Christine Ricci was who I pictured for Debbie Pelt.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ErinB
                      Does anyone else count down their weeks by how close the next TB episode is? I need more excitement in my life! LOL

I'm late to the party, but I've always pictured Vin Diesel or Jason Statham (from the Transporter movies) as Quinn. LLCJ would have been a super sexy Quinn! Carly - you know my love for that man! There is something about the Rock that doesn't sit well, like he's too ethnic or something. He would be a great panther or wolf. For some reason I want to say that he was strawberry blonde in the books? Maybe I made that up? I don't think he showed up until book 7 or 8, so I'd be surprised to see him this season.

While reading I pictured Christina Ricci as Debbie - little and dark.

I was so into the books I read them one after the other and they all sort of meshed together. I have to go back and re-read before each season. I'm going to have to do the same thing with Eclispe before I go see it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users