Sign in to follow this  
DLyteful

Does anyone watch TrueBlood?

I'm watching season 1 and reading book 1 right now. So far it's following pretty close but there are a few differences. ErinB is right.. there is no Tara so far in this first book at all.. and Jason and Lafayette don't have much in the first book either.

I think I'm almost enjoying the tv show better than the book which is odd for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquita View Post
I'm watching season 1 and reading book 1 right now. So far it's following pretty close but there are a few differences. ErinB is right.. there is no Tara so far in this first book at all.. and Jason and Lafayette don't have much in the first book either.

I think I'm almost enjoying the tv show better than the book which is odd for me!
I enjoyed the first season better than book 1 too. Namely because I liked the characters the show built- Jason, Tara and Lafayette. I can't say whether or not I liked the books better than the rest of the seasons because that's still TBD. So yay- only one more week!

We finished the first 4 episodes, now just waiting for netflix to send us more, so frustrating that there are only 2 episodes on a disk. Hopefully tomorrow!

I went to the library today but they didn't have ANY of her books. My library blows big chunks! I'm going to find them and have them send it over to my branch if I can't find them cheap at Sam's Club. Woot!

i watched the first season of true blood and yes its good, but just read all the books within the last month and they are incredible!!!! would def recommend them!!

I've got Jayson hooked onto the show now too.. hee hee. His fav character is Tara.

I love Lafayette and Jason on the show. To me all three of those characters totally made the show better than the book. I can't wait for season 2 now.. woot!!

i finished watching the first season on Sunday so i'm ready for season 2. i love so many characters on the show which i usually have a couple of favorites but never almost the whole cast, they are really well developed.

well, i joined the following too! i watched the entire first season this weekend. lol, seriously.

i got the first disc from netflix & then couldn't stand it & rented the other 4. (i had a pretty serious family video coupon so it was dirt cheap.)

now i'm waiting for my library request to go through so i can start reading the books. i'm too cheap to pay for HBO, so i'll have to watch season 2 online. :) Can't Wait!!