Photo

Weddings Actually on the Beach Questions

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 boston_012

boston_012
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

FYI, if requesting one by phone, "chuppa" is pronounced "huppa" ;-)

#12 thomalm

thomalm
    • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

PM me your email and I can send you the packet of options/pictures my WP gave me.

#13 DGG

DGG
      • 275 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

So, chuppa is actually for Jewish weddings - it has to have 4 posts and a cover for Jewish weddings - but it does look nice on the beach which is probably why so many other people use it...
        I wanted something simpler but nice - the one I think I'm going to have is an arch draped with white linen and flowers only at the top. If you want to check it out, here's the link
        Celebrate your dream beach wedding at Old Bahama Bay by Ginn sur Mer ? Luxury Villa Rentals in the Bahamas
        it's picture number 4..
        It's exactly what I was looking for..

#14 teacherbride

teacherbride
        • 354 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DGG
          So, chuppa is actually for Jewish weddings - it has to have 4 posts and a cover for Jewish weddings - but it does look nice on the beach which is probably why so many other people use it...
          I wanted something simpler but nice - the one I think I'm going to have is an arch draped with white linen and flowers only at the top. If you want to check it out, here's the link
          Celebrate your dream beach wedding at Old Bahama Bay by Ginn sur Mer ? Luxury Villa Rentals in the Bahamas
          it's picture number 4..
          It's exactly what I was looking for..
          I found this out the hard way when I was telling a Jewish friend all about how I wanted this really fancy CHuppa at my wedding. She corrected me, "ah, it's actually pronounced Hoopa" oh well, at least I knew what it looked like

#15 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

I like the Chuppa. I asked for that as well. I think it looks great and quite romantic.

#16 ripcat

ripcat
            • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

I love the look of the Chuppa on the beach, just wondering how much one of these would cost to have?

#17 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
              • 1,209 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

We had a beautiful arch - not like the one that Maura posted above!
                But we weren't at a Dreams place so I don't know if they'd be able to do it this way.
                The rest of the aisle was decorated with tiki torches (which they never lit... not sure why).

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I even got to watch the guys make it - and cut down the coconuts for the decoration.

#18 deefalvey

deefalvey
                • 521 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

I am getting married at Dreams (Cabo) and I love the one Cabobridey (holly) had. Hers was one that she rented from Cabo Flowers. I emailed the Picture to Yarai, my WC at Dreams and she said she could replicate that one for $285. Just a plain chuppa with minimal decoration was $200.

Don't know if this info helps anyone, but here it is, thought I'd share!
                  Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#19 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

Wow D, that is not that much more to have it decorated. You should go for it :)

#20 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

Thats cheap. I rented mine that looked the same but different colors for $400 from Florenta.
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users