Photo

Off site dress steamer for Riu

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

Anyone know if chandalyn can get your dress steamed due to wrinkles from travel or is there an offsite steamer anyone know of? Thanks

#2 sally

sally
    • 302 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

Not long to go now I bet you are sooooooooo excited

See you in Jamaica

#3 ccunningham

ccunningham
      • 58 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

Msasafraz----I am so excited for you! My wedding at ROR is just six weeks away, so I can't wait to hear all of the details of yours!! Best of luck and have a WONDERFUL time!!

#4 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
        • 215 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

What is your dress made of? My dress was that shiny satin stuff that so many dresses are made of and I made a conscious effort to lay it flat in the overhead bin and hang it up as soon as possible and my dress didn't wrinkle at all. Hopefully you won't need to get your dress steamed!

#5 msasfraz

msasfraz
          • 392 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

my dress is the very similar to yours geology rocks... the diamond white satin... the poofy train.... my TA told me to butter up the gate agent and head flight attendent to get them to put my dress in the closet... i also sell mary kay so i will bring a little nonliquid gift for them both to help their mood a bit....

Sally see ya on Saturday and you are welcome to come sit and join us ..

ccunnigham i am super excited... haven't been able to sleep..keep thinking i am forgetting to do something... having bubble guts almost daily now.... ugh i know gross but i have.... really nervous... and still putting finishing touches on AHR on 10/11......

#6 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
            • 215 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I wouldn't even worry about trying to hang your dress in the closet. The closests on the planes that we were on were too short to hang the bag without it dragging on the ground anyway. When I picked up my dress at the bridal salon, they pulled the train up over the hanger and pinned it like that. That way, the train wasn't sitting in a big puddle of dress at the bottom of the garment bag. I even folded my dress at the waist when I put it in the overhead bin. Don't panic if you don't get to hang your dress in the closet, those silly things are more resiliant that we think!

#7 msasfraz

msasfraz
              • 392 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

okie dokie... geology rocks i think you just won the job of my wedding coach so i don't have meltdown before saturday.....:) thanks a bunch

#8 inachka4ever

inachka4ever
                • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

Thank you for the useful information

#9 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                  • 402 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

I was lucky and found a small travel steamer at Goodwill for $2. I tried it on a bunch of different dresses at home and it works great. It's not to big, so I'm going to throw it in my suitcase just incase I need it. I'm to paranoid to send my dress somewhere off resort. I think I've also seen the travel steamers at target...so you mgiht have good luck finding one there.
                    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#10 sally

sally
                    • 302 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by msasfraz

Sally see ya on Saturday and you are welcome to come sit and join us ..
                      Thanks for the offer we may just do that I hope you have a truly wonderful day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users