Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cancunbride

How to say no...

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride View Post
Harty, Im going to invade your wedding without an invite. hahaha Ill be there at the same time as you, hopefully we can have a drink or two before each others wedding... lolsmile67.gif
back when that was my wedding date i was totally planning on invading marie's wedding too! i had to switch it to 2 weeks later tho. marie will be leaving a day or two after i get there, so we'll definitely have a drink or seven anyway!

you never added your date to this thread: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24950

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
LMAO marie! sorry but i kinda needed a date that the groom could be there! i'm a little sad no one on BDW seems to be getting married during my week ... there was someone named quackquack that was supposedly the 30th but i haven't seen any posts from them in ages.

if you haven't already done in your FMIL by the time i get there, i'll lend a hand ... i mean to stop you LOL ... that kinda sounded like i was going to help you drown her, didn't it?
NO excuse if you ask me lmao

You'll recognise FMIL she'll be the one with the black eye rant.gif lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are too funny!smile120.gif

 

I'm so glad this thread was started. I thought I was the only one going crazy with this!!

So my FMIL wants to invite her cousin & cousin's husband. Fine no big deal. I mean, my FI has not seen or heard from these people in like 15+ years but WE will deal with it.

Now we find out that this lady (FMIL cousin) not only rsvp but also purchased 6 airline tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf.gif

Turns out she's inviting her kids, their spouse, and their children!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell this is going to play out!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthag View Post
You guys are too funny!smile120.gif

I'm so glad this thread was started. I thought I was the only one going crazy with this!!
So my FMIL wants to invite her cousin & cousin's husband. Fine no big deal. I mean, my FI has not seen or heard from these people in like 15+ years but WE will deal with it.
Now we find out that this lady (FMIL cousin) not only rsvp but also purchased 6 airline tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf.gif
Turns out she's inviting her kids, their spouse, and their children!!!!!!!
I'm still trying to figure out how the hell this is going to play out!!!!!
omg, hahaha sorry!!! I had to laugh but this is just ridiculous. Tell them Cancun welcomes them but your wedding doesnt! hahaha GOODLUCK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthag View Post
You guys are too funny!smile120.gif

I'm so glad this thread was started. I thought I was the only one going crazy with this!!
So my FMIL wants to invite her cousin & cousin's husband. Fine no big deal. I mean, my FI has not seen or heard from these people in like 15+ years but WE will deal with it.
Now we find out that this lady (FMIL cousin) not only rsvp but also purchased 6 airline tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf.gif
Turns out she's inviting her kids, their spouse, and their children!!!!!!!
I'm still trying to figure out how the hell this is going to play out!!!!!
Tell them to BOG OFF - no way in hell would they be going to my actual wedding! Cheeky arses voodoo.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, I feel your pain. My parents absolutely insisted on inviting all my dad's brothers and sisters. (There are 5 in addition to him..+ their SO's) Which means I would have to invite all the cousins, who I love but I really just wanted a SMALL WEDDING! Now, what could have been 25 people, MAYBE, could now potentiall be 45!

 

The most ridiculous part is that my FI only has 10 people on his side!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Ladies, I feel your pain. My parents absolutely insisted on inviting all my dad's brothers and sisters. (There are 5 in addition to him..+ their SO's) Which means I would have to invite all the cousins, who I love but I really just wanted a SMALL WEDDING! Now, what could have been 25 people, MAYBE, could now potentiall be 45!

The most ridiculous part is that my FI only has 10 people on his side!!!
If they aren't paying they could insist all they wanted it wouldn't be happening! God people and weddings makes you not want to freaking bother girl_werewolf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it cracks me up how people think they can just invite themselves and anyone else they feel like to someone's wedding even when they are not contributing a dime!

 

now i'm having the opposite problem ... my matron of honor called to tell me she will not be coming ... that she and her husband can't afford it. and then all the "please don't hate me" emails ... what.ev.er.

 

anyway, about an hour after she dropped that bomb, quackquack found me on here, and we are definitely going to be having a drink (or seven) together since she will there the same time as us! i'm so excited to have another BDW bride with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
it cracks me up how people think they can just invite themselves and anyone else they feel like to someone's wedding even when they are not contributing a dime!

now i'm having the opposite problem ... my matron of honor called to tell me she will not be coming ... that she and her husband can't afford it. and then all the "please don't hate me" emails ... what.ev.er.

anyway, about an hour after she dropped that bomb, quackquack found me on here, and we are definitely going to be having a drink (or seven) together since she will there the same time as us! i'm so excited to have another BDW bride with me!
Cool when does she get there - this could end up being a BDW drink fest lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×