Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#1221 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

For November brides- if you are looking for rooms on sold out dates, dreams just released a bunch of them!  I am so happy!!

#1222 AngelaH

AngelaH
    • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thanks Jessica!  That definitely makes me feel better about the music and reception area. 

I think the only thing I'm still undecided on at this point is the photographer.  If any couples used the Dreams photog and could tell me about their experience that would be helpful.  I think I'm leaning toward hiring an outside photog, just because they seem to be much more artistic than the Dreams photog, and I definitely want to do a day after shoot. 

#1223 allyson779

allyson779
      • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

Not sure if this will impact anyone else....but I just got an email from my travel agent:

"Effective immediately the spa will be closed for renovations." 

She mentioned that the spa will be providing limited services in the presidential suite. 

Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#1224 tlc9b

tlc9b
        • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

We are trying to pick our cocktail hour canape, appetizer, dinner and dessert menu now. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for what to pick? I have read through the forum and it sounds like the poblano cream soup is one that everyone likes but I haven't read much about any other menu items. If you all have heard of a canape, appetizer, dinner or cake flavor that is really good please let me know!

#1225 allyson779

allyson779
          • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by allyson779 

Not sure if this will impact anyone else....but I just got an email from my travel agent:

"Effective immediately the spa will be closed for renovations." 

She mentioned that the spa will be providing limited services in the presidential suite. 

I just got the following response from Rebeca ....which makes me feel a little bit better:

"The spa building is being closed for renovations, but they are still offering the services at one of our presidential suites, so you do not have to worry about that, actually if it makes you feel better, we just had 4 weddings last weekend and all brides and bridesmaids were able to get their hair, manicure, pedicure, massages, etc."

#1226 allyson779

allyson779
            • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by tlc9b 

We are trying to pick our cocktail hour canape, appetizer, dinner and dessert menu now. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for what to pick? I have read through the forum and it sounds like the poblano cream soup is one that everyone likes but I haven't read much about any other menu items. If you all have heard of a canape, appetizer, dinner or cake flavor that is really good please let me know!

We are getting married in a couple of weeks so I will let you know how everything turns out, but below is our menu which might give you some ideas:

Appetizers for cocktail hour: ( We picked our 6 all from the  Mexican themed appetizers)

Tostadas of beef, Panela cheese in chipotle sauce, Acapulco shrimp ceviche on on tartlets, mini tamales, mini tacos dorados, and sopes with Mexican Sausage

Main Course: (Surf & Turf) Fillet Mignon on a red wine sauce & garlic butter lobster tail served with risotto and vegetables.  Not sure what the first course will be yet. 

Cake:  Thinking about the 3 milk cake and Ice cream is FI's favorite foods- so we will also have a ice cream bar as well.

#1227 aprilmay

aprilmay
              • 266 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by allyson779 

Appetizers for cocktail hour: ( We picked our 6 all from the  Mexican themed appetizers)

Tostadas of beef, Panela cheese in chipotle sauce, Acapulco shrimp ceviche on on tartlets, mini tamales, mini tacos dorados, and sopes with Mexican Sausage

Main Course: (Surf & Turf) Fillet Mignon on a red wine sauce & garlic butter lobster tail served with risotto and vegetables.  Not sure what the first course will be yet. 

Wow, I didn't even have "surf & turf" as an option but it sounds delicious.  My options for the "silver" menu kinda suck.  Are you getting the "ultimate" wedding package?

#1228 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by tlc9b 

i know i mentioned the food in my review and my menu is in my planning thread. both links are in my siggy.

#1229 AngelaH

AngelaH
                  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

After reading through this entire thread and several of the reviews from past brides, the tres leches cake is the only one that multiple said was good (otherwise cakes and desserts in general got pretty bad reviews).  Rest of food seems to all have pretty good reviews!

#1230 allyson779

allyson779
                    • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

The surf and turf is not on the menu and I think there might be an extra charge for it, but I am not sure. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users