Sign in to follow this  
mrspeterson2b

Silk petals vs. real petals

If you area doing an outside ceremony, you probably wont be allowed to use silk petals(not eco friendly). If its inside, you might not be able to use real ones(might stain the carpet or something).

I actually planned on using silk flowers on the beach for when I walk down the aisle. I'm not for sure if I can use them, but I bought them on ebay for a really good deal. I guess if I can't I will use real roses for the aisle and use the silk roses on the table as decoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
If you area doing an outside ceremony, you probably wont be allowed to use silk petals(not eco friendly). If its inside, you might not be able to use real ones(might stain the carpet or something).
I was also thinking about how eco friendly it might be to just use the real petals. I am going with the real ones just becasue of this reason. My ceremony is near the beach on the lawn, so I am sure someone will have to clean up all the silk petals that were used. It is a hard descision because the silk ones are more affordable.

I'm going with silk because I just don't want to stain my dress.... I checked and as long as it's not a horribly windy day then we can use them because they will be easy enough to pick up for the people at the resort.