Sign in to follow this  
SAM

Need dress help...please

Hello Ladies,

I hope all is well for everyone while planning their amazing destination wedding.

I have an issue...I can't find a dress or should I say "THE DRESS" . I have looked everywhere; bridal stores, department stores, books, magazines, online and even discount stores...yes ladies I even checked out Ross! Nothing, Nada, Zero, Zip and I really need help! I would try it on and pretty much knew it wasn't "The dress". Sometimes I looked like a whale other times I looked like a snow beast... Yikes!

My FI doesn't want to buy his outfit until he knows what I'm wearing. To top it off my mom and my future mother-in-law both refuse to buy their dress until I have mine as they don't want "steal the spotlight". I told them to wear whatever as I really don't care but they are being stubborn.

I have 7 months and really need to get on the ball, I can feel the pressure. How do I know when I've found the dress? I really want a simple light knee length dress, open to any color except pink.

Please help, any thoughts on where to look?

Finding the dress is hard. The only advice is that when you try it on, you know it's THE DRESS. I have a hard time finding dresses in general as I don't have much luck at department stores usually.

Since you want a simple knee length, have you looked at bridesmaid dresses? Do you know the material and shape of the dress you want (i.e. strapless, halter, a-line, straight, etc)?

I would suggest looking through magazines / online to find a designer(s) you like and then go to the store where they are carried.

I am in the dress industry so maybe I can help direct you to a specific designer. PM me with your dress size, your favorite thing to wear, what you see when it is NOT the dress and any info that may help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
I had a great knee length dress I wore for our welcome dinner. What do you think of this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Everyone loved it, and it was very comfy. It was a Dessy bridesmaid dress, style 2053, comes in about 50 different colors, mine was Palomino:

Dessy Bridesmaid Style 2053: The Dessy Group
love that dress Becks!!!!!!!!

Good luck on the dress search. I think a bridesmaid dress would be the way to go... then you can choose more things like length, color, etc... and they are easy to alter if you are not satisfied. Another thing is you might night find what you are looking for in a regular store now that it is fall, so don't waste your time scouring the racks- it will make you go crazy!
Maybe check out watters too if you want a simple dress yet still bridal. also try jcrew occassions.

Hi Sam,

Good luck on finding a dress! Not sure what style you had in mind but I found a few that looked pretty :)

ACCESSORIES 08 - Nicole Miller Official Store

Style MS219 | Priscilla of Boston

Bridal Gowns View All

Priscilla of Boston has a 1 Day Only Sample Sale this Friday, Sept 19. Gowns start at $199 and special occasion dresses $19.99. Worth a try! No appt needed.

Good Luck,

I went through the same thing! I think there is so much pressure put on finding the "perfect dress" that I kept thinking when I didn't cry or become overwhelmed with emotion that this must not be the dress & i was down to less than 4 months left..i found one i "liked", it was light--comfy--pretty..so I said that's all I need. Maybe i'm just not going to breakdown in tears, which really isn't they type of person I am anyway...and I just bought that dress that very day.

Honestly there are so many pretty dresses out there we could all wear a different one every hour, but your going to look amazing in whatever you choose as long as YOU love it & are comfortable.

Good luck & i know whatever you choose will be great! Oh, & make sure to follow up with us & let us know what you choose!!!

cheer2.gif