Photo

BM and MOH gifts?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 weez

weez
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

Is everyone giving their BM and MOH gifts out on the wedding day? If so when is the right time to do it? Wasn't sure if anyone was giving their gifts in with the OOT bag goodies? (see... I told you I was stressing about silly little things! LOL!)

#2 MarryingMyLove

MarryingMyLove
    • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:05 AM

We will probably give at dinner the night before - for BM pearl necklaces and for GM silver flasks with their name engraved.. one GM doesnt drink so a silver money clip instead

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

I think you traditionally do it in front of the family at the rehearsal dinner.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
      • 1,430 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

I'm actually think I might give my girls the gifts morning of because we are having all of our guests at the welcome/rehearsal dinner. I just feel like it would be rude since everyone is there. What do you think?

#5 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

I was planning to give them the morning of the wedding as well, probably while getting ready.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 BayBug

BayBug
          • 852 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

I am still unsure of what to give me two ladies. When I do decide I am going to place it in their room when they arrive. Just to make it special for them.
            Angie

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BayBug
              I am still unsure of what to give me two ladies. When I do decide I am going to place it in their room when they arrive. Just to make it special for them.

That is such a cute idea, I love it. It's always nice to walk into a room and get a surprise. I love surprises. (but only the good ones. LOL)

-Glenda

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm going to give the gifts to the girls in private the night before the wedding. We aren't having a rehersal dinner - just a welcome dinner - so I wasn't sure the rules on giving gifts.

#9 VALERIE

VALERIE
                • 97 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:03 PM

We gave my Matron-of-honor her gift the weekend before we left for Mexico. I got her a really nice, engraved jewelry box with the wedding jewelry inside. We actually paid for the Best Man to go, so that was his gift! :)

I just didn't want to mess with moving the jewelry box to Mexico and then have her bring it home. If it's something smaller, I would totally do it the night before. Then, they can admire the jewelry before they have to put it on too!

#10 akumalbound

akumalbound
                  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

i am throwing a bridal luncheon at the villa my brother is renting with his family. we're hanging by the pool, drinking margaritas, eating a catered lunch and i'll give the gifts then. very casual. still don't know what i'm getting them though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users