Photo

Is anyone else worried about hurricanes and their DW?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Angel_eh

Angel_eh
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

oops!~ typo! encouragement! I'm sure you knew what I meant! LOL

#42 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

Angel thanks and you're right, 10 weeks is plenty of time. Our front garden was stripped of leaves on Sunday and today there is 3-4 days of budding on all of the plants/trees/bushes.

I am actually a vendor (photography in the Turks and Caicos) and have been married now for 12 great years and 2 kids to a super guy. We work with brides all of the time and my husband always laughs because even with all of the weddings we shoot, I still get choked up at the ceremony. I know you will have a super day.

Krys

#43 Virg

Virg
      • 684 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

I have not heard anything from our TA yet about the Hurricanes, but since electricity can take a while to get back up, that is normal.

Hopefully we will hear something about our respective resorts soon!
        Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
        Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#44 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

News flash!

I just received an email from the wedding coordinator at my resort!

"The hurricanes gave us a lot of work, but fortunately, everything is back to its place again."

So, Varadero region obviously has power and internet back...

phew!

#45 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
          • 177 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

thanks for the update!
            Engaged: December 25, 2007
            Married: February 4, 2009
            Wedding Destination: Cuba
            Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
            http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#46 DWbride09

DWbride09
            • 171 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

Maybe this will help ease some minds :)

Cuba forum: More news from inside the Island. - TripAdvisor

#47 Amarillis

Amarillis
              • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

Great find Sophie!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

#48 relish.77

relish.77
                • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

So, The Holguin area of Cuba is closed until at least November. Our wedding has been moved to the Varadero area. The new resort is nice, but I'm still sad that it isn't the one that I picked. I also didn't want the Varadero area because it's so busy, and will likely be even busier now that everyone from the other area of the country are moving to these resorts. I'm still waiting for confirmation that my wedding date will hopefully stay the same- I've already had favors, gifts and such embroidered, printed and engraved with the Oct.15th!

I tracked down pics of the resort:
                  BubbleShare - prdo - By kev Gais

Ouch, it was as bad as they were saying. Angel, I HOPE that you are able to just make it by the date of your wedding, the PRDO is an amazing resort and I really hope that you are able to still go. JUST in case, the other resorts that we offered to me were the Paradisus Varadero and the Paradisus Princesa Del Mar in Varadero. Because these are the exact same chain, everything is a complete switch over for the prices that we were expecting- they will honour the prices from the Rio. I was also given the option to cancel and rebook somewhere completely new- but prices would change. Your travel company may be different, but I was with shine Travel through Air Canada Vacations.

Well, that's the update, at least there will still be a wedding...3 weeks to go!

#49 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
                  • 177 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the updated images and the Trip-Advisor report...it is good to know the areas hit the most and what is up and running now!

If anyone gets any pictures on their return it would be great if someone would post.

Keep the info coming!
                    Engaged: December 25, 2007
                    Married: February 4, 2009
                    Wedding Destination: Cuba
                    Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
                    http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#50 Angel_eh

Angel_eh
                    • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

Sorry to hear that the resort won't be open in time for you Relish. It was touch and go for us as well but it's suppose to be open on time. I know that the gardens won't be the same as before but I'm sure they will do there best to make things work. I will be filling up my suitcase with all kinds of stuff for the Cubans. The other resorts you mentioned in Cuba are wonderful resorts as well. My sister stayed at the Paradisus Princess del Mar and she said it was excellent! All the best to you and let us know how it goes!~ Ang :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users