Jump to content

Photo

May 2009 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#561 YaelM

YaelM

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

    Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

    Ayita - isnt it amazing? We started receiving gifts too! Its so fun :)

    #562 yamille

    yamille
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,460 posts

      Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mummergirl
      i am starting to officially panic at how much i have left to do. i am terrified that my dress is just not going to come in on time to do all the alterations (they keep telling me it will ship from the manufacturer in late march ... um, that's now, right?). i guess i'm worried because the bridal shop had really bad reviews online, but i went there anyway and ended up having a really good experience with them the day i found my dress and ordered it. i'm beginning to think maybe the crappy part comes now? (thank you, mom, for the worrying gene you passed along to me!)

      the other biggie is that i bought a bunch of OOT stuff a LONG time ago, and apparently underestimated how much i would need, since suddenly EVERYONE is coming. i can fix not having enough actual bags by buying different, better ones for the bridal party. but all the other stuff requires a bunch of running around ... ugh!
      I am in the same boat as you with my dress. They told me mid to late marcha and um.. hello? I called and the woman was like oh yeah it should be in any day now. I was remaining calm but I ordered it and put deposit down on it in the shop on August 14th. WTF?? So i am going to call again tomorrow and express my concern. I am also freakign out that it will need many alterations. I just keep telling me that they deal with this all the time...

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ayita
      OMG I've started to receive gifts on my registry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First two days ago, another one today..... and people are super GENEROUS !! I'm AMAZED !!
      So fun recieving gifts random times. We both get excited when there is a box in front of our door. yay!

      #563 cougs

      cougs

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

        Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by yamille
        I am in the same boat as you with my dress. They told me mid to late marcha and um.. hello? I called and the woman was like oh yeah it should be in any day now. I was remaining calm but I ordered it and put deposit down on it in the shop on August 14th. WTF?? So i am going to call again tomorrow and express my concern. I am also freakign out that it will need many alterations. I just keep telling me that they deal with this all the time...
        yeah i didn't order mine as early as you did (nov. 1st for me) ... it's just adding the lateness to the poor reviews, plus i know that they ordered 2 sizes bigger than what i had on that day just because the back wouldn't zipper (about 2 inches at the top!). i didn't think that warranted 2 sizes, when i told them i was losing weight! i am at least 15 lbs. lighter than i was when i ordered it. i'm afraid alterations are going to be a b*tch because the whole top is all beaded, and we all know may/june is the busiest wedding season! they don't seem concerned at all about when my dress is coming in ... told me it was totally normal and i would have plenty of time for alterations ... just hope they are right! funniest thing of all is that i lied and told them my wedding date was the 8th, not 28th, so what the heck are they waiting for? half of the may BDW brides have had all their fittings already!

        #564 Ayita

        Ayita
        • Member
        • 861 posts

          Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          yeah i didn't order mine as early as you did (nov. 1st for me) ... it's just adding the lateness to the poor reviews, plus i know that they ordered 2 sizes bigger than what i had on that day just because the back wouldn't zipper (about 2 inches at the top!). i didn't think that warranted 2 sizes, when i told them i was losing weight! i am at least 15 lbs. lighter than i was when i ordered it. i'm afraid alterations are going to be a b*tch because the whole top is all beaded, and we all know may/june is the busiest wedding season! they don't seem concerned at all about when my dress is coming in ... told me it was totally normal and i would have plenty of time for alterations ... just hope they are right! funniest thing of all is that i lied and told them my wedding date was the 8th, not 28th, so what the heck are they waiting for? half of the may BDW brides have had all their fittings already!
          Where did you order from ? I'm so sorry that this adds up to your stress ! But if it can comfort you a little, alterations might not be that difficult. You have to find a good seamstress, somebody that is recommended to you. Best bet, call the top-notch salons of your area and ask them where they would send their bride (if they don't have their own seamstress). Mine was recommended by my salon. She told me she needed no more than 2 weeks and I have my next appointment on April 11th (I leave on April 28th...). She says she'll have ample time, and it leaves me some time to shed a few more pounds...

          I dropped nother size BTW :) Today I went shopping (was looking for a dress for the welcome cocktail, ended up with a dress for work) but it was a size 8 ! Yeah !!!

          #565 yamille

          yamille
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,460 posts

            Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:05 AM

            How exciting Ayita! Always nice to find a smaller size when you are trying to drop a few...

            #566 Hartyt509

            Hartyt509
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,262 posts

              Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

              I still haven't ordered my new one and i really need to lol i just can't be arsed lol the nearer its getting the worse i am lol

              #567 Cattie

              Cattie
              • Member
              • 594 posts

                Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hartyt509
                I still haven't ordered my new one and i really need to lol i just can't be arsed lol the nearer its getting the worse i am lol
                You better get on the ball girl! Or you may be walking down the isle in your skivies!!!


                OMG Casey, your BD teasers are HOT!!!


                So I saw 47 days on my ticker the other day and sorta wigged a bit. I can't believe in like 6 weeks I'll be married. It seriously feels like last week we decided on Bermuda!

                I have my bachelorette get together tomorrow night. Sunday is my hair trial! Tomorrow we're also going to Mac and doing some makeup trials.

                I can't believe its going by so fast!!

                #568 *Casey*

                *Casey*
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,209 posts

                  Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

                  Thanks, Cattie... You're going to have a blast at your bachelorette party. Take pics for us!

                  I booked my honeymoon flights, and ordered our favors today... 2 more things done. Yea!

                  #569 *Casey*

                  *Casey*
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 5,209 posts

                    Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

                    Where are yall going to party?

                    #570 YaelM

                    YaelM

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

                      Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

                      Cattie - have so much fun at your bachlorette party! I have mine next weekend :)

                      Casey - yay on getting things accomplished!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users