Jump to content

Photo

May 2009 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#101 Ayita

Ayita
  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

    Hi girls !

    you have all done so much that I wonder if I will be able to make it to May ! I got engaged only 3 weeks ago, and have been so caught up by work since then that I still have to pick a place

    Will I be able to make it ? the only thing I've done is the "save the date" calls...

    #102 Hartyt509

    Hartyt509
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,262 posts

      Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:03 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ayita
      Hi girls !

      you have all done so much that I wonder if I will be able to make it to May ! I got engaged only 3 weeks ago, and have been so caught up by work since then that I still have to pick a place

      Will I be able to make it ? the only thing I've done is the "save the date" calls...
      You've got plenty of time lol I'm not planning on anything much until February lol just got the very bare basics sorted

      #103 Cattie

      Cattie
      • Member
      • 594 posts

        Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

        I have everything picked out, we just recently started ordering things. I don't plan on doing alot of stuff hard core till January. Just don't procrastinate to bad!

        #104 cougs

        cougs

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

          Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:36 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ayita
          Hi girls !

          you have all done so much that I wonder if I will be able to make it to May ! I got engaged only 3 weeks ago, and have been so caught up by work since then that I still have to pick a place

          Will I be able to make it ? the only thing I've done is the "save the date" calls...
          how did you send out STDs when you haven't picked a place? just wondering because i think it would have been even harder to find a venue if i wasn't a little flexible with the date ... may is a tough month, very popular for destination weddings in the caribbean especially since it's just outside the beginning of hurricane season, and college-age people are out of school.

          good luck! (hopefully you won't need it) ... but don't worry, once your date and place are picked the rest really does come easily!

          #105 Ayita

          Ayita
          • Member
          • 861 posts

            Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:53 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            how did you send out STDs when you haven't picked a place? just wondering because i think it would have been even harder to find a venue if i wasn't a little flexible with the date ... may is a tough month, very popular for destination weddings in the caribbean especially since it's just outside the beginning of hurricane season, and college-age people are out of school.

            good luck! (hopefully you won't need it) ... but don't worry, once your date and place are picked the rest really does come easily!
            Ah ! The trouble is, most of my guests are coming from abroad (France, Singapore, Peru...), so I cannot take the hurricane risk... and I don't want my wedding to be in a year from now ! So, May was at the same time the closest and the latest... and on top of this this corresponds to school vacation in Singapore and bank holidays in France. So... it does give me only two choices in May...

            I really hope I will find the right place at this time. Otherwise... I'll just elope

            #106 Hartyt509

            Hartyt509
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,262 posts

              Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:10 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ayita
              Ah ! The trouble is, most of my guests are coming from abroad (France, Singapore, Peru...), so I cannot take the hurricane risk... and I don't want my wedding to be in a year from now ! So, May was at the same time the closest and the latest... and on top of this this corresponds to school vacation in Singapore and bank holidays in France. So... it does give me only two choices in May...

              I really hope I will find the right place at this time. Otherwise... I'll just elope
              I'd elope anyway if I had the choice lol

              #107 Hartyt509

              Hartyt509
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,262 posts

                Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:11 AM

                Well i've just confirmed the photographer so now trying to work out the cost of everything so that I don't get screwed with the package think I may need to ditch it - i've paid $1350 so I know I have that in reserve lol

                #108 teresayax

                teresayax
                • Newbie
                • 24 posts

                  Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

                  Hi All!
                  I am also a May '09 bride. We are getting married 5/9/09 at the Occidental Grande Punta Cana. I thought I was on top of things until I started reading everyone else's completion lists! So far we have:
                  -sent out the invitations (really early, but I'm OCD on RSVPs)
                  -got my dress :) (still need to get it altered)
                  -I got my wedding band, FI can't seem to find the right one
                  -OOT bags ideas coming along (nothing bought yet)
                  -my sisters sing so they are performing for the ceremony

                  I think thats it

                  I think I'll be more motivated to get things done once the RSVPs are in and we have a final head count...hopefully!

                  Thanks for all your tips, they are really helping!

                  #109 bumbles

                  bumbles
                  • Member
                  • 574 posts

                    Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

                    We just bought our plane tickets yesterday! Planning on addressing invites this weekend and looking for hm hotels in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. So far, only 1 person has made travel plans lol

                    #110 cougs

                    cougs

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

                      Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:32 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ayita
                      Ah ! The trouble is, most of my guests are coming from abroad (France, Singapore, Peru...), so I cannot take the hurricane risk... and I don't want my wedding to be in a year from now ! So, May was at the same time the closest and the latest... and on top of this this corresponds to school vacation in Singapore and bank holidays in France. So... it does give me only two choices in May...

                      I really hope I will find the right place at this time. Otherwise... I'll just elope
                      well we've all had reasons why only a few different dates would do (there was only one week in may that my fiance could take off from school and he kinda needs to be there, LOL! ... actually your constraints might make your decision EASIER, since your date may be taken at some resorts. deciding on the resort was the single hardest part. can we help you narrow it down? what are you looking for?




                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users