Where is everyone registering?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Mel&B

• 613 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

Crate & Barrel and Macy's. I think we are going to register this weekend. I originally wasn't even going to register, but we have a lot of family not attending the wedding. I don't want people coming to our wedding to buy gifts too. The most important thing to me is being there on the big day.

#32 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by mummergirl
      target. everyone loves tar-jay, and they are pretty much everywhere in the states. besides that, you can accept gift cards on your registry, which could be used for ANYTHING ... even photo-developing!

also we figured target is pretty cheap. we don't expect gifts from anyone, especially those spending so much to come to the DW ... this gives them a cheap option if they're the type to insist on giving something.
      i'm pretty sure target has some pretty wacky return policies when it comes to a registry- unless it's changed since i was figuring out my registry. here's a thread about it: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13220

#33 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by katrina
        i'm pretty sure target has some pretty wacky return policies when it comes to a registry- unless it's changed since i was figuring out my registry. here's a thread about it: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13220
        the purchase log from your registry is considered a gift receipt, which means as long as the items were recorded as bought from your registry, you will be able to return them for the full purchase price. this must happen within 90 days of your wedding date. i'm not sure but it might only be store credit, which for me isn't a problem.

however, gifts not from the registry, or not properly recorded as bought from the registry, must have a gift receipt or you won't get squat it seems.

i dunno ... doesn't seem enough to make me cancel my target registry, but i might register somewhere else as well.

#34 BBtoB

• 399 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:09 AM

Crate and Barrell for us!

#35 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

We just registered at Crate & Barrel today and it was soooooo much fun!

#36 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

We are doing Crate and Barrel and Bloomingdales. C&B has special registery events where you go before the store opens and they have mimosas and samples - tons of fun! We are already starting to receive gifts - so fun!

#37 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

My fiance and I are Canadians currently living in the US for school, but right after the wedding we'll be going to Canada for the summer (except we'll want the gifts to end up in the US). As a result, registering is a bit difficult b/c we're unable to shop around any Canadian stores, and our guests are unable to go to any US stores. We also are not even wanting people to get gifts (but we know they probably will anyways) so we're thinking of just registering at Amazon. It has plenty of little things we want, and everything is easily dealt with online. I'm just not sure if it's tacky :S

#38 smith3576

• 290 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

I think it's fine to register at as many places as you want. The more options you give guests, the better! We are definitely registering at REI and doing a honeymoon registry, and we are going to look at Pottery Barn, Williams and Sonoma, Crate and Barrel and Macy's and register at any or all of them depending on what we like where. Although after reading this, we might look into Bed Bath and Beyond and Target too. Is the quality worth the difference in price? We're not doing fine china, so maybe it doesn't matter.
                  We're married! Jamie

#39 march132010

• 1,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

We're registerd at Target, Walmart of Course-- there's one everywhere in the World I think and Bed Bath Beyond, also doing a honeymoon fund, and our favorite Charity Joesph's Hand--- Good Luck

#40 sperger

• Banned
                    • 474 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

We're on Macy's and Williams-Sonoma so far - btw, MegaShay, i LOVE honeypot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users