Photo

Where is everyone registering?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

We have people coming from all over the states, and I'm needing to narrow down some places to register that people can access from all over. My china that I love is at a little boutique in Dallas, and they don't have ordering online. Neimans has it too, but I'm afraid that sounds too snooty.

I'm torn between Crate and Barrell... Pottery Barn... Williams Sonoma...

Just wondering what everyone else is doing

#2 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

I am having a tough time too. We don't need a ton of stuff... and I am afraid the thing that I wouldn't buy for myself, no one else will want to either!

So I guess Target and maybe Pottery Barn.

So tough when you have family in a small town without options!

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hi Casey!

I hope you are doing well.

This topic has been talked about at length. Try the search function and you will surely find all sorts of info.

#4 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

I feel like when I go look at these places to register at, I don't see anything I want... and when I can't get stuff, then I want everything in the store!

Am I alone here?

#5 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Yari!

#6 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kacie3344
              We have people coming from all over the states, and I'm needing to narrow down some places to register that people can access from all over. My china that I love is at a little boutique in Dallas, and they don't have ordering online. Neimans has it too, but I'm afraid that sounds too snooty.

I'm torn between Crate and Barrell... Pottery Barn... Williams Sonoma...

Just wondering what everyone else is doing
              We registered at Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn and Linens N Things. We just had our shower yesterday and only two people purchased gifts from Pottery Barn, but we did get a few gift cards from there. We mainly registered for our dishes and wine glasses there and a few other things. The majority of our gifts came from Crate and Barrel (most of our out of state guests that didn't come to the shower shipped gifts from C&B). I wouldn't recommend LNT because they filed for bankruptcy and are closing down a bunch of stores. If people buy you gifts from a store that is closing, the items are not returnable. We only got a couple duplicates so we will be going to see if we can exchange the items when we get a chance. They put a black line through the UPC if you can't return and I don't remember seeing any of those when we were opening gifts so I hope we don't have an issue.
              Michelle

#7 monicaswave

monicaswave
              • 450 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

I love target and was thinking of registering there but I heard they are awful with returns. You must have a receipt or you can only exchange. Hmmm....still debating.

How about Macy's?

#8 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

I've def thought about Macy's, but they don't have my china... Is it weird to register at 2 different department stores?

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:14 PM

From my experience so far my guests love going to Macy's, plus if you have a star rewards card, you get money back. So far we will get a gift card for $56!

Williams Sonoma is not popular which bums me out since we love it. Crate and Barrel is totally popular. Pottery Barn is starting to attract more guests. Macy's is by far the most popular.

So as you can tell we registered at a bunch of places. We don't regret registrying at so many cause when your wedding is over WS, CB & PB will give you a 10% discount on your registry. Very cool!

#10 lroyal

lroyal
                    • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

I think we will definitely register at Macy's. I have not picked another place yet though. Bed, Bath & Beyond or Pottery Barn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users