JUNE 2009 BRIDES post

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#31 bca33

• 336 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hi all!!! I'm feeling nervous now!! You girls are so prepared!! I am getting married June 6th and so far have the STDs out, wedding site up, booked hotel and wedding/reception site, but I dont have a dress yet and I am worried!Also I need to get working on a photographer!

#32 June_Dreams

• 248 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

OMG I just recently bought a dress for a bridal party at Le Chateua i love that store a lil pricey but for the most part great dresses for parties and bridal parties :)
      <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#33 smile2082

• 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hello everyone. Im new here.

I will also be a June 09 bride. We havent done much at all, still havent booked the trip. That should be done at the end of the month, just hearing back from people to see what our numbers are going to be.

As soon as the wedding is book, I will going wedding dress hunting and bm etc clothes.

Anyone else here from England, UK?

#34 June_Dreams

• 248 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Welcome Smile :)
          Where are you getting married I just bought my dress and they told me that it might not be in until April which is cutting it pretty close. So word of advice start checking out dresses from now because they take alot of time to come in. Dont want to scare you either..lol
          <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#35 smile2082

• 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

Hello JoannaR

wow thank you for the word of advice. I will start looking now!! I am also going to look into high street wedding dresses. They do some really nice ones here.
            We are planning to married in Cuba, Holguin between 23rd June and 7th July (that the holiday dates) will get travel agent to tell me the wedding date as soon as possible.

Sab x

#36 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:13 AM

hey Sab! Which resort are you going to in Holguin? We are going to Melia Las Dunas.
              I am quite excited!! I found my dress at a sample sale and I have my first fitting next week!!

Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
              Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#37 smile2082

• 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:28 AM

Hello Virg
                We are going to Playa Pesquero.

It was a bit worrying to hear that hurriance Ike hit the holguin area badly, but our hotels are fine and any damage will be repaired in the next few weeks. :) There are some hotels which are still closed due to the damage!

We will be out there at the same time :)

#38 townie princess

townie princess
                • 298 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

We're getting married on June 12, 2009. We were going to get married in DR in Jan, but our circumstances have changed and now we're getting married in Newfoundland.

Which is still a DW because it's on the opposite side of the country from us and about half of our guests!

So far we've:
                  - booked the venue
                  - booked the caterer
                  - booked a dj
                  - booked the photographer (who is amazing, can't wait to get those pics done)
                  - got my dress
                  - sent out STDs v.1 (for the DR wedding)
                  - got my STDs v.2 from Vista Print and will mail them this weekend
                  - have a friend lined up to make the cake
                  - booked a wedding decorator (because I know I won't have the time to do that stuff)

Things that are in the works:
                  - tentatively have a marriage commissioner booked for the ceremony
                  - nearly have my BMs agreed upon their dresses
                  - wedding website is under construction

#39 bca33

• 336 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:55 PM

Ok well I got the photographer booked!!! Yeah!!! But still need to get a dress

#40 smile2082

• 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

Started trying dresses over the weekend. Its was great fun. Was surpised that some places charged £25 to make a booking and try on the dresses. Im sorry, they make so much money from us, it cheeky.

Looked into my invites, not sure about what wording i should use, because the wedding is in Cuba and our recepiton back at home is about a month later.

Im a little worried, I cant find a photographer to take pictures when we are in cuba. Dont really want to rely on the hotel photographer, because we dont know if they are any good. Any ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users